Using a Racing Wheel on a PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

slightlyaskew

Midfield
I've got a racing wheel for my PC which claims to also work on a PS2 (its pre-PS3). Tonight I tried to hook it up to my PS3 slim, but with no joy.

I used the USB connector and plugged in the external power. The natural force feedback resistance became active, so its being recognised to some degree - but none of my game would recognise it.

Is there anything I need to do in the PS3 'desktop' to set it up, or is it just not going to work at all if it doesn't automatically recognise it?

Ta in advance.

Off the top of my head its a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT I think. It has a usb connector, what I assume is a PS2 connector (very slim and wide) and also a small transformer type power supply for the force feedback.

Off the top of my head its a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT I think. It has a usb connector, what I assume is a PS2 connector (very slim and wide) and also a small transformer type power supply for the force feedback.

They made one for the PS3 after it's release, so I'd guess you'll be out of luck.

Gosh darn it.

I'm very much an xbox 360 man, and I'll be purchasing F1 2010 but I'm also interested in GT5 (which is obviously PS3 only).

Looks like I might have to invest in a new wheel that covers my PC and PS3 and just give up on Xbox racers as I can't afford a wheel for both...

Gosh darn it.

I'm very much an xbox 360 man, and I'll be purchasing F1 2010 but I'm also interested in GT5 (which is obviously PS3 only).

Looks like I might have to invest in a new wheel that covers my PC and PS3 and just give up on Xbox racers as I can't afford a wheel for both...

Get a logitech G25/G27. Both compatible with PS3/PC. Team it up with a wheelstand pro and you'll be set.

G25 is discontinued, you can't buy them second hand for £130.

People are doing well to get the G27 for under £250.

Must have paid more for it then. Definately didn't pay over £200 for the G25. The missus would have knacked me ;)

EDIT - Paid £145 from dabs in feb 09. Suppose thats a good deal then!!

230 for the G27 from dabs - is there much difference between the g25 and g27??

Last edited:
Must have paid more for it then. Definately didn't pay over £200 for the G25. The missus would have knacked me ;)

EDIT - Paid £145 from dabs in feb 09. Suppose thats a good deal then!!

230 for the G27 from dabs - is there much difference between the g25 and g27??

I don't think there's a great difference, I've got the G25.

From a couple of reviews I've read the G27 is quieter, has more configurable buttons on the wheel and the pedals have been improved slightly.

It loses the sequential gear change option from the H-shifter, which drift fans may not like.

I don't think there's a great difference, I've got the G25.

From a couple of reviews I've read the G27 is quieter, has more configurable buttons on the wheel and the pedals have been improved slightly.

It loses the sequential gear change option from the H-shifter, which drift fans may not like.

I've never really used the gear shifters on mine. I bought the thing in feb 09 cos I thought gt5 was 'coming soon'!!
Can't wait for it now though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back