USB Cable help

C

Cowvahlo

I’m after a portable charger that I can plug a normal three pin plug into to take bikepacking. I’ve found one that’s pretty compact but it has a cigarette lighter end on it.

Question is, can I chop that off and put a usb cable on the end instead?

Will that work or will I kill me and everyone around me?

Ta

I’m after a portable charger that I can plug a normal three pin plug into to take bikepacking. I’ve found one that’s pretty compact but it has a cigarette lighter end on it.

Question is, can I chop that off and put a usb cable on the end instead?

Will that work or will I kill me and everyone around me?

Ta
What? Just buy any charger and take your normal 3 pin charger for your phone. Should plug in the same (especially android phones - otherwise buy an appropriate cable).

Cigarette socket is 12v I think, USB about 5/6v.

Plus to connect it you're in for a great afternoon of soldering and fiddling about.

Or just buy something like this:

Logon or register to see this image
I don’t wnat the cigarette lighter end, I want it to be portable so I am charge stuff when I’m away from a electric source...thing I want to charge has a normal three pin plug but I can’t find a power bank that takes a three pin plug

Champion. At least I know.

Cigarette socket is 12v I think, USB about 5/6v.

Plus to connect it you're in for a great afternoon of soldering and fiddling about.

Or just buy something like this:

Logon or register to see this image
Whats that? Is that a theee pin socket at the end? Hoy a link up please

Something like this? https://www.screwfix.com/c/tools/generators/cat830706

Or wire a 12 V socket to your bike, add a battery and charge it via pedal power.
No man, something that’ll fit in my pannier on the bike

Whats that? Is that a theee pin socket at the end? Hoy a link up please

No man, something that’ll fit in my pannier on the bike
No, its an adapter cig lighter to USB.

A three pin plug is designed for 240v, doubt you’ll get a USB charger that’ll give you what you want.

What you plugging the USB into?

I don’t wnat the cigarette lighter end, I want it to be portable so I am charge stuff when I’m away from a electric source...thing I want to charge has a normal three pin plug but I can’t find a power bank that takes a three pin plug

Champion. At least I know.
What the fuck has a three pin plug that you ride about with on your bike? Do you have giant Bluetooth speaker attached to your back?

Back