USA Cinemas

Always remember going to see Spider-Man 3 in town and about halfway through some lad decided to run on the chairs and dive over the top of the entrance cos he needed a piss.

He was on a date as well, I still wonder how our daring hero fared later on that night.

Always remember going to see Spider-Man 3 in town and about halfway through some lad decided to run on the chairs and dive over the top of the entrance cos he needed a piss.

He was on a date as well, I always still wonder how our daring hero fared later on that night.
You wouldn't catch a yank doing that.

I’ve been listening to some yanks talking about films and they keep mentioning various audience reaction moments, where they cheer, applaud or generally whoop and holler. Is this really a standard thing over there? And are they aware that we don’t do it over here? I think the only time I’ve seen any kind of crowd reaction over here was chanting “Rocky” during Rocky IV.
I was in a social club in the 70s when they used to have film nights. They had the original Rocky on and it was like being at the match the chanting was class..

I was in a social club in the 70s when they used to have film nights. They had the original Rocky on and it was like being at the match the chanting was class..
I respect that marra.
Went to see Captain America when 3D was the latest thing. There was a bit where his shield comes out of the screen and some lad shouted "aiyah" :lol:
Understandable I lept out my chair watching The Perfect Storm.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds brilliant marra I'd have loved to have been there.
Not in my experience. But in the cinema they definitely do. They also seem to laugh much louder than British audiences.
How many cinema movies have you seen in the usa ?

How many films have you seen in the uk ?

Indiana Jones got a few chants, what annoys me is when people laugh in cinemas, they wouldn't laugh if they were watching it at home, why laugh just because your in a cinema

Last edited:
Indiana Jones got a few chants, what annoys me is when people laugh in cinemas, they wouldn't laugh if they were watching it at home, why laugh just because your in a cinema
Popcorn was nice.

Never mind that, CinemaMovieGrill or something similar have a waiter service bringing food and drink to your seat at the press of a button. Its class.

Nobody whooped or cheered at Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

I always sit there quiet when at the cinema, if people laugh or react to the film I acknowledge it and move on.
A pizza at the cinema would be nice.
The cinema I go to is so shit it doesn't have any food worth buying for sale.

I saw T2 in a cinema in Philadelphia and there were blokes standing up when Arnie turned a good guy and were screaming!!

Yes, very common in Canadian cinemas, too.
Depends upon which part of Canada I think mate,been to cinemas in Ottawa (I will actually be in one in less than two weeks time)never once heard anyone clap or applaud during or after a movie.
Philippines and Thailand they still play the national anthem and stand before a movie.

Last edited:
The Indian audiences are the worst for that...Like being at a cup final watching some movies ower there

Was working over there recently and experienced this, mental. Before the film they all stood up and sang the national anthem as if we were at a sporting event.

Was only watching the Lion King, it was as if they were watching it at home, not only kids but adults having full blown conversations and critiquing the film while it was playing. Singing and dancing along and right in the middle of the film they had a 15 minute interval where they all decided to go for more food that absolutely stunk the place out.

Was working over there recently and experienced this, mental. Before the film they all stood up and sang the national anthem as if we were at a sporting event.

Was only watching the Lion King, it was as if they were watching it at home, not only kids but adults having full blown conversations and critiquing the film while it was playing. Singing and dancing along and right in the middle of the film they had a 15 minute interval where they all decided to go for more food that absolutely stunk the place out.
Havent been to an indian cinema in years,i do remember the one I went to in Delhi the audience were men,not one woman at the screening. :?:

Havent been to an indian cinema in years,i do remember the one I went to in Delhi the audience were men,not one woman at the screening. :?:

Worked in Kolkata for a long period this year, and nothing surprises me. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and the people are so kind and caring in there own way, but the whole thing is bonkers. Despite getting driven everywhere I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown with the traffic system.

Back