USA 15 dead in Elementary school shooting at Robb elementary school

Jake Tapper of CNN was on Colbert this week and he touched on the graphic element - he feels they have to be too sanitized in how they cover events. Feels it needs to be more graphic (within reason, obviously) to upset people and light a fire under others to do something. Even just that there's too much feed of officers milling around vs ambulances rushing away or body bags coming out
Not even within reason. Show the true drama so it sticks in peoples minds forever.
The second amendment makes people absolutely crazy
My missus (no) said she had to go through active shooter drills when she was at school. They all knew it was drills for the classrooms that the gunman didn’t enter, because it’s already too late for them.

She also said she would skip certain classes then return for others and people wouldn’t even notice. Because it was that easy to enter the building undetected.

She’s in her early 30’s and it’s still the exact same now

Last edited:
Just been watching the speakers during the march. The big thing I keep hearing is, ban guns.

I’ve said it all along, they need to take smaller bites because they’ll never pass an outright ban.

They’re wasting their time and have done every single time. If they’d took a small bite last time then a smaller bite this time etc…

Just been watching the speakers during the march. The big thing I keep hearing is, ban guns.

I’ve said it all along, they need to take smaller bites because they’ll never pass an outright ban.

They’re wasting their time and have done every single time. If they’d took a small bite last time then a smaller bite this time etc…
The romantc connection with guns seems to be in the DNA...no reason for it not to be part of genetic memory.

The romantc connection with guns seems to be in the DNA...no reason for it not to be part of genetic memory.
I agree, but they’re never just gonna turn the switch off and they’re wasting more and more time (and lives) by thinking they can.

Even if they got a small victory now, like increase the age to over 21, then that might save lives and it’s a start

The second amendment makes people absolutely crazy
Was watching a show last night where a reporter was interviewing people at the NRA convention. They all banged on about the 2nd amendment and she asked them to tell her what the 2nd amendment said - not one of them could say what it said. Interesting that none of them know the wording yet they all quote "right to bear arms" and yet all (incl NRA and politicians) ignore that it first says "well regulated" when regulation is precisely what is being called for and is what they rail against. Brainwashing.

Was watching a show last night where a reporter was interviewing people at the NRA convention. They all banged on about the 2nd amendment and she asked them to tell her what the 2nd amendment said - not one of them could say what it said. Interesting that none of them know the wording yet they all quote "right to bear arms" and yet all (incl NRA and politicians) ignore that it first says "well regulated" when regulation is precisely what is being called for and is what they rail against. Brainwashing.
Most Americans can't even recognise the UK on a map...just the basics, as in eat, work, watch strange sports and play with guns. Sorry to be flippant on such a harrowing thread, but I'm really sickened by their eternal attitude.

This, I regularly ask folk to tell me the full text and they can't. I'm in Texas.

A gun ban isn't going to work in the US, regardless of the constitution. Apart from the bloodbath that would ensue in hundreds of Waco-like raids and shootouts with private militias, most legal, registered owners will hand their weapons in, while the criminals will keep theirs. A heavily armed criminal world and undefended citizens would be a disaster for the anti gun lobby and would be totally counterproductive. America is too far gone to be talking about banning guns, it's not going to happen.
They've kept making their bed since the country was formed, and their kids will keep paying for it.

A gun ban isn't going to work in the US, regardless of the constitution. Apart from the bloodbath that would ensue in hundreds of Waco-like raids and shootouts with private militias, most legal, registered owners will hand their weapons in, while the criminals will keep theirs. A heavily armed criminal world and undefended citizens would be a disaster for the anti gun lobby and would be totally counterproductive. America is too far gone to be talking about banning guns, it's not going to happen.
They've kept making their bed since the country was formed, and their kids will keep paying for it.
I don’t think anyone is really talking about just banning guns. A ban on assault weapons to the public or at least teens would be nice but the main call is for sensible regulation, which the second amendment actually calls for, yet the gun advocates don’t like that part of the amendment when cherry picking their rights

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting a ban on guns entirely. It's a small steps approach. It needs to be a generational thing, the rewards won't be properly felt for 50-100 years, that's if people start making the right steps now. Small and incremental. Maybe if the next generation of kids aren't so used to guns being around, gun violence and school massacres, it will filter down to thier children, and their children's children...to the point where they will look back and think that the adults of today we're stupid.

The same way that we in this country now look at racism, homophobia, and stuff like football violence and smoking ... It's incremental... Within the next couple of decades smoking will pretty much be a thing of the past, 40 years ago that would seem absurd.

I'm not saying that America's relationship with guns is as easily broken down as those things

I don’t think anyone is really talking about just banning guns. A ban on assault weapons to the public or at least teens would be nice but the main call is for sensible regulation, which the second amendment actually calls for, yet the gun advocates don’t like that part of the amendment when cherry picking their rights
The ease with which guns can be bought in some parts of the US is staggering. It's like us walking to the corner shop and being able to buy a family pack of grenades.

They could start with banning the sale of weapons anywhere except licensed gun shops. No guns sold to under 21s, and bring in mandatory gun licenses, preferably involving having to qualify for licenses for different class weapons after passing training courses and psychological evaluation.

If they can't outright ban them, and I believe they can't, then they're going to have to sort the shitfest of a system they have now.

Back