US open golf thread

That 6th hole par 5 is scary looking if you take on the 2nd shot :eek:

Cant see me aiming over a cliff trying to get on the other side.

Rory as usual cant hole a put, all his brdie chances gone begging, but he is still up there.

Bloody finally.

Last edited:
Had some free bets I got from signing upto sites on Thursday, so have ended up backing Koepka.

Feel a bit dirty, but he just looks irresistible so far.

Had some free bets I got from signing upto sites on Thursday, so have ended up backing Koepka.

Feel a bit dirty, but he just looks irresistible so far.

I'd somehow managed to convince myself this morning I'd backed Woodland only to find I hadn't :confused::lol:

Realistically McIlroy is my only live hope. Got a couple more 8 and 9 back but it will be hard work to do out from there. Might have another bet tonight, will look in a bit

According to a few folk on Twitter the pins arent in the most difficult of positions so could be a few low ones out there today

Last edited:
I'd somehow managed to convince myself this morning I'd backed Woodland only to find I hadn't :confused::lol:

Realistically McIlroy is my only live hope. Got a couple more 8 and 9 back but it will be hard work to do out from there. Might have another bet tonight, will look in a bit

According to a few folk on Twitter the pins arent in the most difficult of positions so could be a few low ones out there today

Really? If that's the case, then I'd have Rory favourite. Assumed USGA would be making it very difficult and trying to bring score in again today.

In terms of my pre-tournament bets, I've got DJ at -2 and Xander and -3, who *might* contend but it's a bit stretch. Best I can hope for, really, is a few places.

Had £10 on Bubba to miss the cut at 11/8 pre tournament. In hindsight, that was the bet of the competition and I should have just dropped a wedge on it, crazy value for something which always seemed so likely.

Last edited:
That was a great recovery by Rory after the double bogey disaster at 14

Columnist at sportinglife advising if betting now to go for Rory, but possibly to hold off a bit to wait and see how Saturday develops.

Anybody in for the long haul tonight and seeing it through to the end?
Doubt it. That’s the problem with it being at Pebble Beach giving an 8 hour time difference rather than 5 hours if it was on the west coast.

If it’s exciting might record the bit left after I call it a night and watch it tomorrow morning without knowing the scores. Shouldn’t take long by the time I fast forward all the advert breaks ;)

Very strange tournament for Fowler...77 yesterday but strong start today and back to -2. Not out of it.

Wonder when the last round of 77 featured in a major win?

Awful lot of players going backwards, certainly if I've backed them.

Koepka backers beware, my bet on him today does not bode well for him.

Set up for a cracking final round tonight. Half a dozen in with a shout. Rose and Woodland probably looking to shoot one under or level. Would take a cracking effort from the chasing pack to catch them if they did

Set up for a cracking final round tonight. Half a dozen in with a shout. Rose and Woodland probably looking to shoot one under or level. Would take a cracking effort from the chasing pack to catch them if they did

Tried to stay up last night to watch but couldn't last. You watch it?

Seems like Woodland is hoping everything, every putt going down, chipping in from miles. Same goes for Rose (which isn't his game usually, it's like bizarro-Rose this week). Logic says that, eventually, them wonder putts will stop going down and they'll stutter.

But they've got a handy enough lead now where it's very likely to be one of them.

Back