US open golf thread

Rosie put off his shot by a spectator with a camera just there , march the fucker off the course immediately.
Good shot to make up for it after dropping out of the hazard.

It amazes me that spectators are still distracting players by not silencing their phones, every week on the PGA tour players are asking them to do it.

Anyone else think this is shaping up to be one of the best majors ever?

It's enjoyably tight, and assuming nobody runs away on the afternoon lot (which I doubt), should make for a exciting weekend (unlike the USPGA which felt like it was finished from Thursday afternoon).

That said, it hasn't seemed as challenging as the US Open normally is. Expect it to get tougher over the weekend, but some of the scoring on the first day was surprisingly low

It's enjoyably tight, and assuming nobody runs away on the afternoon lot (which I doubt), should make for a exciting weekend (unlike the USPGA which felt like it was finished from Thursday afternoon).

That said, it hasn't seemed as challenging as the US Open normally is. Expect it to get tougher over the weekend, but some of the scoring on the first day was surprisingly low
I think for once the balance is about right, bad shots are punished, good shots are rewarded and there's a fine line between the two. For a change they've also left the course with enough of a margin to let it change with the conditions and get more difficult accordingly, as I think it will this afternoon.

I reckon Rose has done enough to keep the lead going into the weekend now the wind has started to pick up.

I think for once the balance is about right, bad shots are punished, good shots are rewarded and there's a fine line between the two. For a change they've also left the course with enough of a margin to let it change with the conditions and get more difficult accordingly, as I think it will this afternoon.

I reckon Rose has done enough to keep the lead going into the weekend now the wind has started to pick up.

Yeah would agree, reckon Rose will lead, then the batch of players on -4 will probablys be up to 3rd or 4th by the time play ends (IF what Sky are saying about the weather is accurate, always a big if as they can overstate it at times).

Loads of play on the course and we've had Rich Beem and Nick Dougherty banging on for 15 minutes ffs.

Aye, pisses me off at times. Was infuriating at the last USPGA, everyone was out on the course and they were running a video package about the Brooks Koepka story!

Aye, pisses me off at times. Was infuriating at the last USPGA, everyone was out on the course and they were running a video package about the Brooks Koepka story!

Sky will be taking a lot of the feed from the host broadcasters tbf hence every now and again they have time to fill. I guess they have one camera out there as they seem to be showing quite a few random shots from Lee Slattery yesterday

The coverage on Sky has been worse when they they've actually switched to their main coverage than when they just had the featured groups on!

Sky will be taking a lot of the feed from the host broadcasters tbf hence every now and again they have time to fill. I guess they have one camera out there as they seem to be showing quite a few random shots from Lee Slattery yesterday

Yeah I suppose this is true, it just feels like, at times, they have an awful lot of filler. That bit with Beem was on forever, can't imagine the Fox coverage was on breaks that long.

I just like a grumble mate, truth be told :lol:

Rory looks in absolutely fantastic nick mind.

It's not the norm for them to use US feeds for the majors though and you can tell here. Never been so frustrated watching a major on Sky at they're normally top drawer with them.

Back