US diplomats wife leaves U.K. after fatal accident

Indeed wonder what the Orange One would do if roles were reversed.

Probably bomb the shit out of us. You can only hope the next incumbent (whether that's next year or in four years) has a different stance and she is extradited shortly after they take office.

The U.S make all kinds of demands to us, but they're like "yeah piss off" if we ask anything of them

Read resterday that 11 people had been sent back to the US back to the UK, under the current extradition treaty, where as the best of of 100 people had gone from the UK to the US. This information is available as per the freedom of information act. (I'm sure Priti Patel and Dominic Cummings will be ending that act soon)
So I suspect the odds on the Dunn family getting justice are pretty remote.

Last edited:
Read resterday that 11 people had been sent back to the US back to the UK, under the current extradition treaty, where as the best of of 100 people had gone from the UK to the US. This information is available as per the freedom of information act. (I'm sure Priti Patel and Dominic Cummings will be ending that act soon)
So I suspect the odds on the Dunn family getting justice are pretty remote.
I hope they do. Its a right pain in the arse. Idiotic questions that provide answers with no context. It might improve media as they will have to start with proper journalism

I somewhat don't blame them. Diplomatic immunity is something that exists and has to be maintained on both sides.

That said, there's no reason why there cannot be a trial with all of the facts presented, and a judgement made - just imo.
She didn't have diplomatic immunity at the time of the accident. She was the wife of a consular official, who, by the way also did not have immunity at the time of the accident.

I somewhat don't blame them. Diplomatic immunity is something that exists and has to be maintained on both sides.

That said, there's no reason why there cannot be a trial with all of the facts presented, and a judgement made - just imo.

As someone else said, I don't think it's clear at all that she had diplomatic immunity, or in what capacity it would have been. She isn't listed as a diplomat and apparently neither is her husband, who very likely is CIA given the suggestion he works for an intellignce agency, and where they live in the US. DI doesn't just apply to 'anyone who works for a foreign government'.

Even if it did, the US has the right to choose to waive it, and should have done in this case, had she had it. It's intended to protect the diplomatic function from harassment by hostile governments, and not a get out of jail free card for anyone who can't drive properly and is too much of a coward to face the consequences of that. A Georgian diplomat (their second highest ranker) in the US killed a teenager in a car crash, and the US asked Georgia to waive DI...and they did, and the US prosecuted and imprisoned him. So they don't give a shit about maintaining it on both sides, clearly.

And lastly - diplomatic immunity only applies while you are in the country in which you're serving as a diplomat. So even if she had DI, it's irrelevant now, as she's in the US so she doesn't have it any more. So they could extradite her.

I thought diplomatic immunity was simply for people like embassy staff so that foreign governments couldnt take advantage of them for political reasons. Not for partners of people working for the US government in friendly countries🤔. Look at how the US go after foreign nationals who hack, commit crimes with US dollars etc. To be fair with our justice system she would just get a wrap on the knuckles and probably in this case rightly so if it was a genuine accident

Should tell them to bugger off from the airbases and close them down. Partners of the spies might as well go around robbing a few banks and then head home rich

Back