Uriah Heep

No Ken Hensley?
No he left years ago. He joined Blackfoot for a while. A few years back he toured with John Lawton who replaced David Byron for a while in Heep in the `70`s. I¬m not sure what he`s up to now.
isnt it Lee Kerslakes nephew on drums now the old lad has retired? Sure they just released a new album this year as well
I don`t think it`s his nephew but he did recommend him. Kerslake is very unwell at the moment. Really glad I got to see him play in Heep.

No he left years ago. He joined Blackfoot for a while. A few years back he toured with John Lawton who replaced David Byron for a while in Heep in the `70`s. I¬m not sure what he`s up to now.

I don`t think it`s his nephew but he did recommend him. Kerslake is very unwell at the moment. Really glad I got to see him play in Heep.
I know he had to quit touring a few year ago due to health issues

They are still well worth going to see live though. They have a great catalogue of songs and the last few albums have been really strong too.
Been Away Too Long from Firefly is the favourite UH song, used to have the cover from Very Eavy Very Umble as my avatar for ages

Seen Them at Sunlun poly on Chester road yonks ago. It was with Sha na na I think and cannit remember the other band. Cheap as chips (don't think cheesy ones were a thing then) and a canny venue
Edit Paladin were the other band!

Last edited:
Saw them three or four times in the 70’s , always a good night , it was the original line up back then.

Last time I saw them they’d released a new album and they played a lot of those new tracks , never saw them again after that.

Funnily enough we were having a clear out a few years ago and I came across the best of UH on cd.

Ah, it was Magnum. Well, Hard Rain the band Magnum turned into. And "Ten".

Paul Hodson - Wikipedia

I'm sure I remember hearing he played with UH. Can't find it on either his or their wiki page though. Maybe it was a brief thing on tour in the absence of one the proper members through illness or injury or something.
One of the first proper singles I ever bought was by them. It was actually a double live set (two singles) and I bought it in the HMV Shop in High Street. I’d never even heard of them but my mate bought the same ones so to look cool so did I. Played them all the time. From memory it was live at the Marquee and the songs were Invasion, Kingdom of Madness, All Of My Life and I can’t remember the last one.

I think I saw them twice at the City Hall with my HM mates. They were better than I expected. I think the supports were Bram Tchaivosky (who had been in The Motors) and Girlschool.

Back