Uriah Heep

On November 12th 1980 they played the Locarno in Sunderland with Spider and Samson..I was going to go but instead went to see Adam and the Ants at the Dunelm Ballroom Durham University..pleased I did because it’s one of the best gigs I ever went to.

no...

...more to the point, did you see Countryfile tonight? HMS Cambridge gone! When did that happen?
Dunno, Dabbers abode, so not arsed.
On November 12th 1980 they played the Locarno in Sunderland with Spider and Samson..I was going to go but instead went to see Adam and the Ants at the Dunelm Ballroom Durham University..pleased I did because it’s one of the best gigs I ever went to.
Respect, admitting that on a public forum. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Haha. I think I might have been at the mecca! No recollection whatsoever of it though.

Anyone ever see them play live?

No, but one of my lecturers at uni was their keyboardist for a while iirc.

Trying to remember the other band he was in for a bit. Can't even remember his name right now. Stupid wine.

Edit: maybe it wasn't them, can't find a name I recognise on their wiki page.

Last edited:
They are. It`s still Mick Box from the original line up. Vocalist Bernie Shaw and keyboard player Phil Lanzon have been with them since the mid 80`s
isnt it Lee Kerslakes nephew on drums now the old lad has retired? Sure they just released a new album this year as well

Back