Urgent advice needed Gatwick to Heathrow

I'm flying back to the UK in December. The day I fly no direct flights to Newcastle. So I'm flying from here to Gatwick then Heathrow to Newcastle. I have two hours approx to get from Gatwick to Heathrow.
Can this be done ?
Cheers

Very tight mate.

I would suspect 2 hours is pushing it at the best of times. If going by road that section of the M25 is well known for traffic queues, plus the M23 has a 50mph limit from the M25 to Gatwick while they do the smart motorway works.

I hope you are travelling with hand luggage only to give yourself a chance.

Last edited:
Heathrow - Gatwick Airport Bus Shuttle - Only Direct Transfer

Minimum times between flights?
The absolute minimum time between flights without contingency that you should contemplate making a transfer between Heathrow and Gatwick is 3 hours - and that is with a through flight ticket using Terminal 5 at Heathrow.

You really need to allow 4 hours. If you are changing airlines with separate tickets then you do need a minimum of 4 hours between flights.

I'm flying back to the UK in December. The day I fly no direct flights to Newcastle. So I'm flying from here to Gatwick then Heathrow to Newcastle. I have two hours approx to get from Gatwick to Heathrow.
Can this be done ?
Cheers

More info on exact flight times/date....?

As others have said....hand luggage only as you've got no chance if you need to check luggage in

Police car or ambulance. With the woo-woo on turbo

Travel direct from Gatwick Airport to Heathrow Airport in just 1hr & 5 minutes, from £27 one-way, and say goodbye to expensive inter-airport travel.

With over 80 services each day, a guaranteed seat and lots of luggage room, you can travel more and pay less with National Express.

You’ll never do it in 2 hours IMO

Quickest is into London on Gatwick express across to Paddington and onto the Heathrow Express. But allowing for transfers etc it would be very difficult in the time you have.

Heathrow - Gatwick Airport Bus Shuttle - Only Direct Transfer

Minimum times between flights?
The absolute minimum time between flights without contingency that you should contemplate making a transfer between Heathrow and Gatwick is 3 hours - and that is with a through flight ticket using Terminal 5 at Heathrow.

You really need to allow 4 hours. If you are changing airlines with separate tickets then you do need a minimum of 4 hours between flights.
Well thanks for that. I think I need plan B

Thanks everyone yet again this place is so helpful.
Need to look at changing everything

British airways
When we came back we used Air Malta to Heathrow then BA to Newcastle, bags checked through all the way,good luck with 2 hours mind. Air Malta dropped us in Terminal 4 and it took a while to transfer from 4 to 5, never mind Gatwick to Heathrow

Just checked. 2 flights a day to LHR, one in the morning and one in the evening

Last edited:

Back