Updated: Special annual prize for our photo competition!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Following on from the Amateur Photography thread... monthly photo competition?

Whats the first theme then?
though i'm in anyway.

Re: Following on from the Amateur Photography thread... monthly photo competition?

aye but no using your photoshop/paint skills to doctor the pictures. cheating is frowned upon
it depends what you mean by doctoring the photos?

if your using a cheap bridge camera your gonna struggle against the bigger DSLR boys unless you 'clean' your photos with photoshop?

it depends what you mean by doctoring the photos?

if your using a cheap bridge camera your gonna struggle against the bigger DSLR boys unless you 'clean' your photos with photoshop?

You can't stop manipulation, so anything goes I guess. Maybe people will vote against images that have 'too much' obvious fiddling, I dunno.

Perhaps composites like Sam Allardyce holding a big fish should be banned though? ;)

Can I suggest a theme?
Hope!

To make it fair everyone should have to submit their photos to one person who uploads the lot so then no one knows who took which picture until the winner is announced.

You can't stop manipulation, so anything goes I guess. Maybe people will vote against images that have 'too much' obvious fiddling, I dunno.

Perhaps composites like Sam Allardyce holding a big fish should be banned though? ;)
id say most the shots on my DA site have been run through photoshop to sort the levels out, check exposure and take out as much noise as i can as my fuji is crap in low light levels...

To make it fair everyone should have to submit their photos to one person who uploads the lot so then no one knows who took which picture until the winner is announced.

I had thought of that, it means someone has to do a lot of work to keep the entries updated though, there's actually an option in the board software that allows anonymous posts I believe, but Roger doesn't have it enabled.

id say most the shots on my DA site have been run through photoshop to sort the levels out, check exposure and take out as much noise as i can as my fuji is crap in low light levels...
I will be photographing on film and have no idea how to manipulate pictures so will probably come last, no matter though, it will be fun! Who is judging, all of us that take part or non-competitors?

Well exactly, trying to return the image close to what the eyes saw is the purpose of the software imo.

OK, a bit of a coup for our photography competition.

The winner of each round will go into a vote at the end of 2010 for picture of the year.

The winner of that will get to spend a day shooting landscapes in the North East or Yorkshire with Mark Denton, a pro photographer whose work you can see at his website: http://www.markdentonphotographic.co.uk/

Thanks to Mark for this fantastic opportunity.
Good stuff, canny prize that! :cool:

Spoke to Mark a while back about photos, film and the like. I'd love to use one of the panoramic cameras he does. One day, when I can afford it! :lol:

I will be photographing on film and have no idea how to manipulate pictures so will probably come last, no matter though, it will be fun! Who is judging, all of us that take part or non-competitors?

I'd thought of making it an open poll on here.

As soon as I figure out the rules and a theme for round 1.
Rules:

* One entry per person, if you wish to change your entry please edit your original post.
* Photos taken for this challenge only, i.e. taken after the challenge has been posted, are eligible. This can be checked. PLEASE NOTE THIS RULE
* 'Photoshopping' should be limited to B&W conversions, cropping, levels, contrast, etc, etc.
* Entries in by Tues Midnight *22nd December*
* Try to keep images no more than 800 pixels wide.
* This goes for pictures that don't meet the rules too.
* If your entry is 'not work safe', please link it with tags, not [img] tags please. ...starting point for you. Or maybe not... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back