Updated: Special annual prize for our photo competition!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Following on from the Amateur Photography thread... monthly photo competition?

Anyone up for a monthly photo competition?

I'd suggest that we come up with a theme and the picture has to be on that theme and taken in that month, winner gets to nominate the next month's theme.

If we get enough interest I'll kick the first competition off in January, open to all and voted on by the SMB.
How will it be judged? Will it be a "poll"? (on the board).

Re: Following on from the Amateur Photography thread... monthly photo competition?

Anyone up for a monthly photo competition?

I'd suggest that we come up with a theme and the picture has to be on that theme and taken in that month, winner gets to nominate the next month's theme.

If we get enough interest I'll kick the first competition off in January, open to all and voted on by the SMB.

How about a sticky at the top of the SMB or an SMB sub forum for photography? A sticky at the top might be the best idea...IMO.

I'm in.

I'd have a go definitely.

Though a word of warning that no one should take it too seriously. This is the SMB so don't be suprised if the majority of people vote for a little red cross or summit.

aye, I was expecting " a bloke from Aycliffe playing in snow in Texas " as the first category :lol:

Thing is he would probably lose anyway...there be an Aycliffe Texan Eskimo apprecation sunderland supporters club who will have a whole Flickr site dedicated to just such photography.

OK, a bit of a coup for our photography competition.

The winner of each round will go into a vote at the end of 2010 for picture of the year.

The winner of that will get to spend a day shooting landscapes in the North East or Yorkshire with Mark Denton, a pro photographer whose work you can see at his website: http://www.markdentonphotographic.co.uk/

Thanks to Mark for this fantastic opportunity.

Last edited:

OK, a bit of a coup for our photography competition.

The winner of each round will go into a vote at the end of 2010 for picture of the year.

The winner of that will get to spend a day shooting landscapes in the North East or Yorkshire with Mark Denton, a pro photographer whose work you can see at his website: http://www.markdentonphotographic.co.uk/

Thanks to Mark for this fantastic opportunity.

Don't have to fork out for that do you? ;)

Great idea Easytiger. Sadly I am a one trick pony when it comes to photography, but I will enjoy looking at the pics.

Don't have to fork out for that do you? ;)

Mark is a Sunderland lad (same year as me at Monkey House) so I guess he is doing it out of the goodness of his heart....or he is a bit daft one of the two.

Mark is a Sunderland lad (same year as me at Monkey House) so I guess he is doing it out of the goodness of his heart....or he is a bit daft one of the two.

Nice one

I've promoted his site on here a couple of times, canny lad he is, don't see him much as he moved away, but I bump into him now and again.

And out of the two options, I reckon it's B.

Knowing Mark, whoever wins is guaranteed a truly exciting experience.

Can I play? Ony got a cameraphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back