Updated banned list

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFS you want to ban the use of the word bokeh?

It's getting a bit extreme now... what next? Ban the words 'focus', 'ISO' and 'camera' :lol:

Bring back ASA :cool:

As for bokeh, it never used to be a big deal back in the day when every SLR had a nifty fify on the front and anyone could defocus backgrounds. Now average Joe from the camera club has a kit lens which doesn't open beyond f4 so it's a way of showing off that you have an expensive fast lens with the inevitable 'creamy bokeh'. :evil:

Having said that I do own a couple of very fast lenses myself :oops:. Though please shoot me if I ever start discussing which one is the 'bokeh king' etc.

Infra red. Seriously why the fuck would anyone think that was a good idea?!

- Long exposure/ND filter sunrise shots of Bamburgh Castle with 'those' rocks in the foreground. :lol:

- Oversharpened images.

Ladies and gentlemen, where do we stand on chimping? Obviously there is some benefit but to me it removes your focus from taking photos and on to looking at them (and missing the next one while you do). If you know what you're doing you know if you've got the shot or not anyway. I say 'banned'.

Ladies and gentlemen, where do we stand on chimping? Obviously there is some benefit but to me it removes your focus from taking photos and on to looking at them (and missing the next one while you do). If you know what you're doing you know if you've got the shot or not anyway. I say 'banned'.
Chimping ? As in throwing your own shit at other people ?

I can see how that might detract from the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back