Update on me daddy

We got him home today, I’m glad to say, after being told it was probable, that the cancer hasn't spread.
That’s the good news.
The bad news is he also has heart failure.
I put that down to supporting Sunderland :). Even during the week in hospital he said “I might have to give the match a miss” :rolleyes::)
I’m now scared that because of the heart failure he won’t be able to have anymore chemo.

Hopefully he will pick up and they may be able to still help him to live a good balanced long life.

With football matches he can enjoy going to with Cookie here and the team moving upwards as does your dads health. Stay positive for both of you.

Have they given you any more details about the heart failure? My dad was diagnosed as having 'heart failure' about 18 months ago but they said it's just a genetic term and he lives a perfectly normal active life. I would have associated heart failure with something serious but it's not necessarily.

Good news about the cancer

I think you mean ‘generic’ not ‘genetic’.

A heart can ‘fail’ in many ways but the medical aspect of heart failure ‘congestive heart failure’ (CHF) is when the heart muscle becomes weakened and or damaged in such a way that it can’t pump hard enough to supply the lungs (next door) adequately so fluid starts to back up in the lungs. There’s no cure and it’s progressively degenerative but it can be ‘managed’ with certain drugs to stimulate the heart activity plus diuretics to stimulate peeing to push out the fluid etc.

As a Dad myself I hope my Daughter grows up and cares for me as much as you do your Dad.

She will do marra, I'm sure of it.
Although they make you feel like they are from another planet and you can't even speak to them as teens, lasses once grown up (about 19 for my oldset lass) really become Daddies girls. Proud as punch of my lass now and she treats me the same way my Mam used to treat my Grandad.
Lads are better when young, lasses come into their own as they grow up and aren't scared to show love and emotion.

Great news that he's home.
Mate of mine has heart failure, his is only working at 30% and he is still going strong 8 years later.
He had cancer before his heart failure diagnosis and I'm sure he was still being treat for the cancer.
Thinking about you all.

As a Dad myself I hope my Daughter grows up and cares for me as much as you do your Dad.
I’m sure she will and thank you that’s lovely xx

Great news that he's home.
Mate of mine has heart failure, his is only working at 30% and he is still going strong 8 years later.
He had cancer before his heart failure diagnosis and I'm sure he was still being treat for the cancer.
Thinking about you all.
Yeah me dad is at 30%.
That’s good to hear, thanks it’s made me more hopeful. xx

Back