Update on me daddy

We got him home today, I’m glad to say, after being told it was probable, that the cancer hasn't spread.
That’s the good news.
The bad news is he also has heart failure.
I put that down to supporting Sunderland :). Even during the week in hospital he said “I might have to give the match a miss” :rolleyes::)
I’m now scared that because of the heart failure he won’t be able to have anymore chemo.

We got him home today, I’m glad to say, after being told it was probable, that the cancer hasn't spread.
That’s the good news.
I put that down to supporting Sunderland :). Even during the week in hospital he said “I might have to give the match a miss” :rolleyes::)
I’m now scared that because of the heart failure he won’t be able to have anymore chemo.
Keep your chin up pet . ( and ya Da's )

Mrs Exile's auntie has had heart failure for two years. Smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish. They'll have to take her outside and hit her with a shovel to finish her off I reckon.

Tell your Dad you're hiding the shovel ;)

Great news that you have him home x
Hopefully today has been a great tonic for him--mind I think many more of us had heart problems last 20 mins or so today;)
That’s the good news.

Great news that you have him home x
Hopefully today has been a great tonic for him--mind I think many more of us had heart problems last 20 mins or so today;)
Exactly, he said in the hospital on Wednesday “I might” not will “have to miss the match on Saturday” I don’t think it was the best place to be if you have heart failure :)

Mrs Exile's auntie has had heart failure for two years. Smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish. They'll have to take her outside and hit her with a shovel to finish her off I reckon.

Tell your Dad you're hiding the shovel ;)
:lol::lol:

Have they done any investigations on his heart yet?

My Dad has heart failure but they've done a load of tests and said one of the chambers has stopped working. They think if they put him under anaesthetic for a couple of minutes and give him a shock with a defibrillator that it will kick start the faulty chamber into working again. It's a bit of a risk with his history, but they feel confident this will work and improve his heart. If it's something like that, they may be able to fix him quite easily.

Great news Janey, feel a tad daft for typing this because I know you will but just make sure to take and enjoy every single moment you can with him, get the feeling he's a fighter so the evil disease will have a job on and you can both enjoy the extra time together.
Sadly I wasn't so lucky with my Mam, still kicks me in the nuts when I read of people on here going through shit like this with parents.

That’s the good news.

must be nice to have him home.

That’s the good news.

You are going through a lot right now kid.
Best news out he is home and a result to give you all something to smile and cheer.
Just take every day as quality time with the family.
Love from Swindon x

Have they given you any more details about the heart failure? My dad was diagnosed as having 'heart failure' about 18 months ago but they said it's just a genetic term and he lives a perfectly normal active life. I would have associated heart failure with something serious but it's not necessarily.

Good news about the cancer

Have they done any investigations on his heart yet?

My Dad has heart failure but they've done a load of tests and said one of the chambers has stopped working. They think if they put him under anaesthetic for a couple of minutes and give him a shock with a defibrillator that it will kick start the faulty chamber into working again. It's a bit of a risk with his history, but they feel confident this will work and improve his heart. If it's something like that, they may be able to fix him quite easily.
The QE have been brilliant this week, we should never have brought him home two weeks ago, he could barely breathe, and when we were waiting for the ambulance last Saturday I thought he’d stopped breathing a couple of times.
But, they had focused on thinking he had pneumonia, and not looked at anything else.
They haven’t suggested anything like that for me dad but it’s good to know, thank you. I hope it works for your dad @becs xx

You are going through a lot right now kid.
Best news out he is home and a result to give you all something to smile and cheer.
Just take every day as quality time with the family.
Love from Swindon x
Thank you xx

must be nice to have him home.
It so is, and for me mam. Her worst fear is he goes to hospital and doesn’t come home xx

Last edited:
That’s the good news.
X

Back