Update on Bradley's situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I was thinking. I'm possibly being really naive, but surely the players could club together part of their weekly wage and it'd go a long way to the cost for the treatment in America?

He'll get the funding no worries at all. Don't worry about that, it's too high profile now.

Go on my son, what a lad he is, makes me cry almost every time I see an update on him. That smile man, cutest thing on the planet. :)

Aided £3m to China to assist with the development of football over there if the news was to be believed last week. This not long after one Chinese club makes Carlos Tevez the highest payed player in the world.

Haway Bradley.

Great logic isn't it when the average working men and women of the likes of the UK and Ireland being squeezed for what we have :mad::rolleyes:

Unbelievable how Governments in the Western World haven't got money set aside from special cases just like young Bradley!

If I could donate a kidney or a lung to save the poor child I would.

This is what I was thinking. I'm possibly being really naive, but surely the players could club together part of their weekly wage and it'd go a long way to the cost for the treatment in America?

When we play Everton next month, let's have a donation between fans, players and the club's......#hawaythebradley

I appreciate that the club have been unbelievable as have others and their players too but this poor lad really has brung a lot of football together. Surely the cost of his treatment would be a drop in the ocean with the money going around football. Or am I massively wrong? Apologies if so. No offence intended
Why single out football? The money being wasted on trident is tens of £billions. This is not anything to do with football other than the generosity of Clubs and supporters that has already been shown.
Next time you see your local MP ask him/her why these kidsaresuffering.

I have never known a child bring tears to the eyes of so many grown men. His smile melts hearts and if there is justice in this world he will get the treatment to kill this horrible disease. In his young life he has achieved uniting the football community, rivalries put aside hoping to achieve the improbable.

Sounds like a good update to me, maybe a glimpse of hope.

No child should face death when there are treatments available. We should be spending more money on things like this and less on wonky missiles.

My mum and dad both died in the last couple of years. I don't pray much but I've asked them if they're up there to see if there's anything they can do.

Keep fighting wee man , we'll get the money. Donated Speedy lad.

The new treatment Bradley is having in the UK is very expensive. Depending on how many rounds he has and if it is working it could cost around £500,000 for 12 rounds. (Bradley will be scanned after two rounds to see if it is working )

When doctors told me Bradley had two months to live I decided not to give up on my baby that easy and to keep fighting not knowing what the outcome would be but anything is better than 2 month.... since then he has radio therapy which his doctor thinks could give him at least 6 months, which is amazing. I'm not sure if the new treatment will work or if it does how well it will work but as a mammy I'm thinking positive, hope is all I have left.

Thinking positive means I would like to hope if it does work there is still a possibility I will get him to America to get the treatment that is believed it would prevent the cancer coming back. These drugs are definitely not available in the UK which means i would have to go to the states for it.

Like I have mentioned previously this treatment costs at least £700,000 without extra expenses on top of that and because we would have to use a large chunk of what has already been raised for his current treatment we need to keep raising money.

So please if you would like to support us with this I would be eternally grateful. I give permission for any events to take place and for you to take any photos and information from Bradley's social media accounts.

If Bradley doesn't need the funds raised for him it will go into the Bradley lowery foundation to help other children with their fundraising efforts.

Thank you so much to everyone for your continued support.

The link to donate is

www.chasethewind.uk
Speedy have you put the update on the Everton site-sure those lads will want to get involved

Last edited:
Sounds like a good update to me, maybe a glimpse of hope.

No child should face death when there are treatments available. We should be spending more money on things like this and less on wonky missiles.

My mum and dad both died in the last couple of years. I don't pray much but I've asked them if they're up there to see if there's anything they can do.

Keep fighting wee man , we'll get the money. Donated Speedy lad.

Speedy have you put the update on the Everton site-sure those lads will want to get involved

Someone posted it on their forum on Monday mate.
They have a lot of fans viewing this board and following his FB and Twitter.

Someone posted it on their forum on Monday mate.
They have a lot of fans viewing this board and following his FB and Twitter.
Keep the faith my dear Speedy, both in Him and us; praying and giving for your baby....We could ask both clubs to levy just 1 pound per person on each home game for next 8 games plus clubs contribute 1 pound per pound levied, we`d have the States money by end Easter between Everton and us alone. I guess you may have a way to communicate with the clubs` management? worth a try?

Ha way Bradley!

The amount of money that has been raised so far is incredible but clearly it needs to continue, let's keep working at it!

However... I spotted on Facebook last night (aye I knar), that one of the Newcastle fans forums seems to be starting a campaign to get Bradley to sit next to Gary Linekar for an episode of MOTD. (May not be genuine in fairness) This seems very wrong to me. As far as I'm concerned Bradley is a very poorly little lad who needs a ton of help, not to be paraded as some sideshow.

Keep the faith my dear Speedy, both in Him and us; praying and giving for your baby....We could ask both clubs to levy just 1 pound per person on each home game for next 8 games plus clubs contribute 1 pound per pound levied, we`d have the States money by end Easter between Everton and us alone. I guess you may have a way to communicate with the clubs` management? worth a try?

Thank you.
It's not the sort of thing I could ask of either club to be honest. I ask them for help, support, opportunities, etc etc, but I never outright ask for donations.
Rest assured though that both clubs are fully aware of the gravity of Bradley's situation.

Ha way Bradley!

The amount of money that has been raised so far is incredible but clearly it needs to continue, let's keep working at it!

However... I spotted on Facebook last night (aye I knar), that one of the Newcastle fans forums seems to be starting a campaign to get Bradley to sit next to Gary Linekar for an episode of MOTD. (May not be genuine in fairness) This seems very wrong to me. As far as I'm concerned Bradley is a very poorly little lad who needs a ton of help, not to be paraded as some sideshow.

Agreed.
This cropped up a couple of weeks ago and I said to the person that you can't just start campaigns like this without consulting the family.
They then contacted the family and were told that although it was a lovely gesture their only priority at this time was Bradley's new treatment and his health.

He has had numerous invites that have had to be declined recently.
All being well we will see the little fella on a football pitch again, but it will be for the right reasons.

"Bradley's still not grand from the treatment he had last week. He has had a blood transfusion today so I'm hoping that perks him up a bit. He has lost a lot of weight so we are feeding him special formula through his feeding tube as well as encouraging as much food as possible to build him back up. Bradley will have a few weeks out of hospital recovering before his next treatment starts. He will still have to go up 3 times a week for his bloods to be checked and to get blood transfusions, but will only be admitted if he gets a high temperature.

Sorry there is no photo as he not feeling like his happy self but tomorrow is a new day."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back