Update on Bradley's situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy1976

Midfield
The new treatment Bradley is having in the UK is very expensive. Depending on how many rounds he has and if it is working it could cost around £500,000 for 12 rounds. (Bradley will be scanned after two rounds to see if it is working )

When doctors told me Bradley had two months to live I decided not to give up on my baby that easy and to keep fighting not knowing what the outcome would be but anything is better than 2 month.... since then he has radio therapy which his doctor thinks could give him at least 6 months, which is amazing. I'm not sure if the new treatment will work or if it does how well it will work but as a mammy I'm thinking positive, hope is all I have left.

Thinking positive means I would like to hope if it does work there is still a possibility I will get him to America to get the treatment that is believed it would prevent the cancer coming back. These drugs are definitely not available in the UK which means i would have to go to the states for it.

Like I have mentioned previously this treatment costs at least £700,000 without extra expenses on top of that and because we would have to use a large chunk of what has already been raised for his current treatment we need to keep raising money.

So please if you would like to support us with this I would be eternally grateful. I give permission for any events to take place and for you to take any photos and information from Bradley's social media accounts.

If Bradley doesn't need the funds raised for him it will go into the Bradley lowery foundation to help other children with their fundraising efforts.

Thank you so much to everyone for your continued support.

The link to donate is

www.chasethewind.uk

The new treatment Bradley is having in the UK is very expensive. Depending on how many rounds he has and if it is working it could cost around £500,000 for 12 rounds. (Bradley will be scanned after two rounds to see if it is working )

When doctors told me Bradley had two months to live I decided not to give up on my baby that easy and to keep fighting not knowing what the outcome would be but anything is better than 2 month.... since then he has radio therapy which his doctor thinks could give him at least 6 months, which is amazing. I'm not sure if the new treatment will work or if it does how well it will work but as a mammy I'm thinking positive, hope is all I have left.

Thinking positive means I would like to hope if it does work there is still a possibility I will get him to America to get the treatment that is believed it would prevent the cancer coming back. These drugs are definitely not available in the UK which means i would have to go to the states for it.

Like I have mentioned previously this treatment costs at least £700,000 without extra expenses on top of that and because we would have to use a large chunk of what has already been raised for his current treatment we need to keep raising money.

So please if you would like to support us with this I would be eternally grateful. I give permission for any events to take place and for you to take any photos and information from Bradley's social media accounts.

If Bradley doesn't need the funds raised for him it will go into the Bradley lowery foundation to help other children with their fundraising efforts.

The link to donate is

www.chasethewind.uk
I just wish I could win the lottery for Bradley and and give him every chance possible.

I really hope and pray all the money you need is raised, God bless you both xx

God Bless the brave little fella--his smile melts your heart. Great the way the world of Football is supporting him and hopefully even more support to come:cool:

I feel connected to him, he's such a little fighter and has melted the hearts of many. Hopefully something can be done for that permanent solution everyone wishes for him.

It sickens me how people in the Western World have to fund-raise to save a child's life when treatment is available in America.

The Government should be stumping up to do all they can for children like Bradley.

He is truly an inspiration, anytime I see his smile it cheers me up no end!

Keep fighting Bradley we're all with you kid!

What an inspiration your family and young Bradley are . My heart and best wishes go out to you all and I write this with a tear in my eye.
God bless.

Will keep giving and sharing and hoping Bradley gets what he needs to give him every chance.

Don't want to hijack the thread with a rant so delete if inappropriate but why is this potentially life saving treatment so expensive? The revenue and profit margins are staggering from these pharma companies yet a young lad and his parents have to find almost a million pounds to give him a chance. I understand the machines are expensive and the professional care etc but a radiation therapy machine is about £3m? The figures still don't add up.

Sorry I just can't understand how they can still get away with it.

#hawaythebrad

The link to donate is

www.chasethewind.uk

Just made my donation Speedy1976

Thoughts and prayers with Bradley and his family.

I appreciate that the club have been unbelievable as have others and their players too but this poor lad really has brung a lot of football together. Surely the cost of his treatment would be a drop in the ocean with the money going around football. Or am I massively wrong? Apologies if so. No offence intended

I appreciate that the club have been unbelievable as have others and their players too but this poor lad really has brung a lot of football together. Surely the cost of his treatment would be a drop in the ocean with the money going around football. Or am I massively wrong? Apologies if so. No offence intended

This is what I was thinking. I'm possibly being really naive, but surely the players could club together part of their weekly wage and it'd go a long way to the cost for the treatment in America?

As a previous poster has said The way bradleys plight has brought out the best in fans and clubs has been amazing.
Just a shame its been brought about by such tragic circumstances.

Keep fighting lil fella.

It sickens me how people in the Western World have to fund-raise to save a child's life when treatment is available in America.

The Government should be stumping up to do all they can for children like Bradley.

He is truly an inspiration, anytime I see his smile it cheers me up no end!

Keep fighting Bradley we're all with you kid!

Aided £3m to China to assist with the development of football over there if the news was to be believed last week. This not long after one Chinese club makes Carlos Tevez the highest payed player in the world.

Haway Bradley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back