Unwise career move during pandemic and recession?

Is anyone else pissed off with their employer and considering walking away to become a nomadic surf instructor in Cornwall?

Or is it a bad idea? Should we stay in jobs that we hate?
Thinking along the exact same lines. Bar hand in the lakes was my thoughts.

Edit: I don’t need pointing out nobody is hiring for such folk at the moment.

Last edited:
Is anyone else pissed off with their employer and considering walking away to become a nomadic surf instructor in Cornwall?

Or is it a bad idea? Should we stay in jobs that we hate?

I was looking at another job before lockdown, I asked recently about an update on what was going on with it as my work are pissing me off with the lockdown and the other job sounded really good. If I gave notice during lockdown it would fuck my current job too, which would appease my annoyance with them.

Me.
Not one person though as in the main I like the bosses I know but the ethos of the place is totally at odds with my work ethic.
In my life the best managers are the ones that understand I am a bit awkward but very very productive if you let me be. Manage me too much and it is very negative.
Thats me .let me run and I take it serious as a personal job, start setting demands and I will meet them ( where doable) but nowt else.Either you're running my job or I am . .

You could be a fitness coach?

I am interested in being a postman.
Yes that was also a plan, i was literally about a month away from starting a notice period and putting my own business together. Grateful for my job of course but way down the list of people negatively effected are those who wanted to make career moves this year...i guess have to offer sympathy to those who did it at the turn of the year etc.

Is there always a surplus of prospective post men?

Last edited:
Yes that was also a plan, i was literally about a month away from starting a notice period and putting my own business together. Grateful for my job of course but way down the list of people negatively effected are those who wanted to make career moves this year...i guess have to offer sympathy to those who did it at the turn of the year etc.

Is there always a surplus of prospective post men?
affected

I was given a bit of advice, from my old man never walk away from a job unless you have one go walk into, it worked for me and had great pleasure in handing in my notice and walking away from a few jobs.
Not great advice if you ever want to start your own surf instructor business like the op. No guarantee it will work out but he will never know if he doesn’t go for it.

Back