Until Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedi_toaster

Striker
Great game. Wasn't going to get it as I'm spending too much on games at the moment and the missus is giving me grief, but took the plunge instead of a night out. It'll not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you fancy something different I highly recommend it. I'm about 3 hours in and 2 of the daft little wankers have managed to get themselves deaded already. Peter Stormare keeps popping up to psychoanalyse me so that the game can scare me even more. There's a few cheap jump scares, but it adds to the atmosphere. I had to turn it off in the end because everyone in my house went to bed and I was at a part of the game where one of the twatty teens was about to go into a dark basement, and I didn't want to shit myself before bed....

Can I fuck manage to get the characters to shag, mind...

I'm up to chapter 5 now! Incredible game! So many jumps so far and a few "fuck this game" moments too :lol:
I love it! It's such a change from the usual COD/FIFA/GTA. I'm a veteran of horror films but it actually managed to make me physically jump at one point. I love the fact that when you watch a horror film you're always shouting at the stupid teenagers to not go into the basement, climb the stairs etc. But in this game you end up doing exactly what you shout at the films for doing!

I'm going to give it another play through this weekend and see if I can save more of the idiotic kids. I thought I'd managed to save my favourite character, only to have him f***ing die 5 minutes before dawn....

Great game. Wasn't going to get it as I'm spending too much on games at the moment and the missus is giving me grief, but took the plunge instead of a night out. It'll not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you fancy something different I highly recommend it. I'm about 3 hours in and 2 of the daft little wankers have managed to get themselves deaded already. Peter Stormare keeps popping up to psychoanalyse me so that the game can scare me even more. There's a few cheap jump scares, but it adds to the atmosphere. I had to turn it off in the end because everyone in my house went to bed and I was at a part of the game where one of the twatty teens was about to go into a dark basement, and I didn't want to shit myself before bed....

Can I fuck manage to get the characters to shag, mind...
Had it for a while, got to chapter 3 and put it down - enjoyed it so I'll probably continue it soonish.

The jump scares have me shitting myself constantly though :lol:

I was excited about this, got it, finding it very boring and slow

Wasn't a game I really fancied so watched a playthrough of it by Markiplier, he surely must have knew what was going to happen, he called nearly everything in the game :lol:

Really liked the look of it after but won't bother playing as I know what happens (I know it can play out differently due to deaths, but the jumpscares and other things I now know all about)

Wasn't a game I really fancied so watched a playthrough of it by Markiplier, he surely must have knew what was going to happen, he called nearly everything in the game :lol:

Really liked the look of it after but won't bother playing as I know what happens (I know it can play out differently due to deaths, but the jumpscares and other things I now know all about)
You can probably call it if you've seen enough horror films. I had the first half sussed but wasn't expecting one of the storylines. The use of Peter Stormare as a psychologist asking you what scares you was a genius touch, as certain aspects of the game change depending on your answers.

You can probably call it if you've seen enough horror films. I had the first half sussed but wasn't expecting one of the storylines. The use of Peter Stormare as a psychologist asking you what scares you was a genius touch, as certain aspects of the game change depending on your answers.
Not sure if you know the answer, but what happens if...

When you're in the shed controlling Chris, what happens if you choose to save Josh, since he is actually using a fake body and he's behind the board?

Not sure if you know the answer, but what happens if...

When you're in the shed controlling Chris, what happens if you choose to save Josh, since he is actually using a fake body and he's behind the board?
I assume, from the flashbacks when Josh is revealing his master plan, that it wouldn't have mattered and that the saw would have headed towards Josh no matter who you chose. I'll try it on my next play through.

I assume, from the flashbacks when Josh is revealing his master plan, that it wouldn't have mattered and that the saw would have headed towards Josh no matter who you chose. I'll try it on my next play through.
Just had a search on YouTube, looks like it does go towards Josh regardless! Wonder if Ashley knows though that you chose to kill her, based on the dialogue in that scene.

Just had a search on YouTube, looks like it does go towards Josh regardless! Wonder if Ashley knows though that you chose to kill her, based on the dialogue in that scene.
To be honest, I spent the first half of the game trying my hardest to get the characters to have sex (too much Witcher 3 probably), but I don't think there's a way to make it happen, so on my next play through my decisions won't be based on trying to cop off.

I think it doesn't affect things much unlike the other choice Chris has to make which defines his ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back