Unsolved mysteries.

Some great shouts on this thread but not seen this one mentioned, the disappearance of Brandon Lawson. Haunting audio of his last 911 call and none of it adds up..

Some great shouts on this thread but not seen this one mentioned, the disappearance of Brandon Lawson. Haunting audio of his last 911 call and none of it adds up..

His brother admitted that Brandon had been on a meth binge for a few days. He was just fucked on drugs and not fully in reality.

His brother admitted that Brandon had been on a meth binge for a few days. He was just fucked on drugs and not fully in reality.

Yeah I heard this angle and it seems the most likely explanation. I still found it fascinating though with the gps signal from his phone being way up the road and then him seemingly being able to see his vehicle when the police and his brother arrived.

I think you mentioned the Maura Murray case earlier... that got me hooked. One of the most unsettling I've watched is the boys from Yuba City, very weird.

Yeah I heard this angle and it seems the most likely explanation. I still found it fascinating though with the gps signal from his phone being way up the road and then him seemingly being able to see his vehicle when the police and his brother arrived.

I think you mentioned the Maura Murray case earlier... that got me hooked. One of the most unsettling I've watched is the boys from Yuba City, very weird.

Definitely an odd one, that.

I think you mentioned the Maura Murray case earlier... that got me hooked

MM is maybe my favourite* missing person case. Just when you think you have read all the detail you find there is another weird thing that happened!

Why the packed up apartment? why the pregnancy searches? why the booze? why the rag in the exhaust? so much about it is just plain odd!
The disappearance of Brian Shaffer is one that has interested me in the past
Disappearance of Brian Shaffer - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Have you listened to the Isdal woman podcasts? More than a few interesting similarities IMO. :)

Is a really interesting case, and the research that went into the podcast was great but I must admit I found it a bit annoying compared to others. Listened to it all because I was interested in the story and what they'd found out, but found the style of it quite repetitive, too breathless and gushing and HERE'S THE DRAMATIC..PAUSE at times, and you may not know who I mean but the bloke really sounded like the presenter of Blue's Clues (kids tv).

I get that last point is quite irrational though.

There's a lot of criticism of the Missing 411 thing, mind, and the bloke behind it, a lot of it from experienced search and rescue people. Short version is that he cherry picks data, leaves out things that don't support or would undermine his theory, and ignores well-known things like how people will paradoxically undress and 'burrow 'when hypothermic, has failed to mentioned when bodies are later found and appear to have died of exposure, that kind of thing.

Says it's strange how bad weather often follows a disappearance when the obvious answer is that bad weather happens a lot in the backcountry/mountains and when it has, it hampers searches, makes it more like for the victim to die, and makes it a lot harder for their body to be found afterwards. In his 'clusters' he talks about one cluster being disappearances near water - well, drowning is the number one cause of death in the backcountry, so...

And so on.

Last edited:
There's a lot of criticism of the Missing 411 thing, mind, and the bloke behind it, a lot of it from experienced search and rescue people. Short version is that he cherry picks data, leaves out things that don't support or would undermine his theory, and ignores well-known things like how people will paradoxically undress and 'burrow 'when hypothermic, has failed to mentioned when bodies are later found and appear to have died of exposure, that kind of thing.

Says it's strange how bad weather often follows a disappearance when the obvious answer is that bad weather happens a lot in the backcountry/mountains and when it has, it hampers searches, makes it more like for the victim to die, and makes it a lot harder for their body to be found afterwards. In his 'clusters' he talks about one cluster being disappearances near water - well, drowning is the number one cause of death in the backcountry, so... And so on.
There's a school of thought that sasquatch is behind a number of the dissapearances, I kid you not 😳

That's Paulides' big (no pun intended) thing! It's what he was known for before he started doing the park disappearances, and there's a fair few suggestions that he thinks that's what's behind them.
Yup, purported to be omnivorous, and partial to the odd meaty snack, but they are a bit like the British Big cat phenomenon, not a scrap of solid proof they exist.

Back