Unpopular gaming opinions you hold

I got RDR2 as a surprise off my missus yesterday, and at risk of sounding ungrateful, so far I think it's f***ing dull.

I loved the GTA games, but just like the first RDR this just isn't pulling me in, it feels like a chore. I've completed two missions and I'm bored shitless of riding around on the horse.
I don't know if it's because I'm unwell or what, I want to like it, but I'm struggling at the minute.

Having similar issues - feel like it’s taking years to do anything and there’s a lot of pretty, though empty landscape.

Having similar issues - feel like it’s taking years to do anything and there’s a lot of pretty, though empty landscape.
There’s always at least one thing that happens as you ride to destinations though, with the random events and strangers that flag you down. I sometimes got frustrated when something interesting happened on my ride as I really wanted to get on with the mission but didn’t want to miss the random stuff, like robbers blowing up safes, people in bear traps etc.

I think at the time it but looking back now it is poor. I have an N64 with Goldeneye and it is utterly unplayable. Other multiplayer games since have eclipsed it but it set the benchmark IMO.

Every game in the past is poor.
It’s like saying Pele would of been able to play in modern day football.
Life evolves but at the time it was the ultimate game.
The N64 has to be the most underrated console of all time - Best shooters of all time in Goldeneye which was then made better but with multiplayer against bots called Perfect Dark, and the ultimate Wrestling game in WWF Wrestlemania, which was again expanded on and made even better which resulted in WWF No Mercy

Doesn’t have to be, I loved the first one and I’ve loved other games that are sparse like Skyrim, Fallout etc.

I might just need to get into a bit more.

I'm of the same mindset as you, loved Fallout, Skyrim, Oblivion etc.

I'm gonna try playing it again today now that I'm not feeling as unwell, and I may enjoy it more.

I think at the time it but looking back now it is poor. I have an N64 with Goldeneye and it is utterly unplayable. Other multiplayer games since have eclipsed it but it set the benchmark IMO.
It was the first shooter to make sniping a valid thing. That first level where you picked up a sniper rifle and were able to zoom in on a guard and shoot him was a revelation. Skipped so many lectures at uni playing it 4 player, too. Looking back I can’t even fathom how I managed to play it on a quarter of a 28 inch telly screen! “STOP f***ing LOOKING AT MY SCREEN YOU CHEATING BASTARD!!!!!”

Doesn’t have to be, I loved the first one and I’ve loved other games that are sparse like Skyrim, Fallout etc.

I might just need to get into a bit more.

The first Chapter is a bit of a grind, but once it opened up I adore it. I like a slow pace though. It's not a game you can just stick on for half an hour though...

Back