Unpopular gaming opinions you hold

Most modern day games are crap, full of pointless annoying CGI.
Is this an unpopular opinion?

I reckon you'll get a lot of agreement on here.

I'll also add that the push for ever improving graphics is industry rather than consumer led.

Agree & tend to think that this is what is the cause of the quote above.

I remember paying £60 each for Mario 64 and Mariokart 64 the day I bought the N64. I remember it seeming a bit steep, but cartridges were renowned for being a bit more expensive. I reckon I got more value from Mariokart 64 than any game, before or since....
My dad defiantly paid £89 for Virtua Racing on release day :eek::lol::lol:

Apparently the equivalent of £175 today!

Last edited:

Not really a fan of FPS, and just didn't like the setting of Half Life.

Problem I have with Rockstar games is largely down to characters. I generally don't have much sympathy for them, most of them are pricks to be fair, so I get bored with the story. Contrast would be TLOU, which I enjoyed immensely.

Loot boxes is probably due to the Overwatch game model. I paid 55quid for it in 2016, there isn't annual editions ala FIFA etc. and its still going strong. Financed in part by people paying for cosmetics that give no advantage. Works for Blizzard and their players, just a pity some greedy bastards like EA will try to use loot boxes to fleece players to gain an advantage.

I got RDR2 as a surprise off my missus yesterday, and at risk of sounding ungrateful, so far I think it's f***ing dull.

I loved the GTA games, but just like the first RDR this just isn't pulling me in, it feels like a chore. I've completed two missions and I'm bored shitless of riding around on the horse.
I don't know if it's because I'm unwell or what, I want to like it, but I'm struggling at the minute.

Back