Unpopular gaming opinions you hold

not all games should be open world or include online gameplay
I came in here to say open world is shit but I'll settle for this instead.

Also agree with the earlier opinion that the PS4 pad is far superior to the Xbox one.

Also agree with the earlier opinion that the PS4 pad is far superior to the Xbox one.
I used to say the ps controller was superior, but having owned an Xbox one for a year now, alongside my PS4, I begrudgingly accept that it’s very much a case of what you get used to, and that the Xbox controller (still call them joypads to my daughter’s amusement) is actually very comfortable, too. Obviously I’ll never get used to the button labels on the Xbox (ABXY.....wtf) but that’s just down to time spent on the specific console. I’m not a fan of the ‘options’ button on the PS4 controller, mind, and often just blindly mash at the general area it occupies to press it....it’s no ‘start’ button.

Games are far too long these days. It seems like certain reviewers will whinge if the game is less than 90 hours. This results in games which are padded out with monotonous shite.

Still think the 360 pad is the best I’ve used, but get nostalgia feels of Sony designed ones. Horses for courses really.

Difficult settings ruin games. You're either struggling on a difficulty that's far too hard or coasting through on a difficulty that doesn't offer a challenge.

The best games have one difficulty and no option to change

-A sizable chunk of "gamers" are misogynistic pricks and female gamers/gaming journalists/gaming commentators are unfairly treated. The "gaming community" is toxic as a result of this group.

-Saints row 3&4 were more fun than GTA 4&5.

I never played 4 but I agree about 3 being more fun than GTA4&5. Oh and I'll contribute to the thread, fifa and pro evo are shite.

Battle for Azeroth is the expansion that has finally finished off Warcraft. Bringing back classic is blizzard/activisions final roll of the dice to squeezing every last penny out of the player base before going FTP. They seem to be remastering everything but cannot help tinker with shit.

Was it that bad? I stopped playing just after Warlords expansion but will be giving classic a blast when it comes out.

Last edited:
I never played 4 but I agree about 3 being more fun than GTA4&5. Oh and I'll contribute to the thread, fifa and pro evo are shite.

Was it that bad? I stopped playing just after Warlords expansion but will be giving classic a blast when it comes out.
Put it this way wod is better, and that says alot.

Back