University Students

Cambridge university has announced that its lectures will move online from October.

Students are angry they will miss out on the other aspects of collegiate life. (Like sex,drugs and reading pretentious Russian literature.)

Given that these people will go on to shape our society should we be doing more to help the overall development of our future leaders?

As someone who was at Cambridge until this lockdown (look at me etc.) I wish there were more drugs, the sex was fairly standard, but you’re right about the Russian literature :lol:

The college system at Oxbridge, and the benefits it offers, are certainly a thing to be experienced in person. I’d be deferring if I was told it was now an online course.

Apart from anything else it’s really hard to get hold of books for me at home, as Cambridge is archaic and the online libraries are shit.

Uni is so much more then the course anyway, and I feel at Cambridge that is only amplified.

I got a notification from Eventbrite this morning from Sunderland university. It was to say there is a conference event with all staff to update them on what is happening. I wish I'd taken a screenshot as its been taken down now. Not even sure why it was put on there as an event.

I got a notification from Eventbrite this morning from Sunderland university. It was to say there is a conference event with all staff to update them on what is happening. I wish I'd taken a screenshot as its been taken down now. Not even sure why it was put on there as an event.
they do organise online events as well

Back