Universal credit: U-turn on two-child cap on benefit

There is not going to be an election unless TM loses a confidence vote. This will be a combination of:
1) The "Implementing Stuff" people in the Civil Service are a bit tied up right now.
2) The DWP lost another universal credit judicial review on Friday and it will need the policy wonks who aren't co-opted to Brexit work to figure out how to sort that out and to think about the wider implications of the ruling.
3) Possibly some backroom shenanigans to sweeten TM's deal.

See the landlords are getting their money paid first and direct now. Twat from hartlepool with 200 houses on the news pleading f***ing poverty.

Sure its only kids pre the UC change that are now entitled.Arguement that won court hearing is, at that stage claimants didnt have info re new rules
its all one big fuck up anyway. Never designed to help people, simply for some to be seen to be doing something while they actually did nowt about anything

I guess you didnt read it. It's ideal for those who knocked out three before 2017 though.
not when i posted no, i was at work, and just going off the report i heard on the wireless

Fair enough mate. It's canny news for me personally. Not that I claim it now but you never ever know what the future holds.
theres the thing, for all my making out like a twat about the feckless, I don`t think even people like meself local authority etc are as solidly job for life as we used to be

will need to change again though as grey area re lone parents.
e.g. Single mother 3 kids, born after 2017 cant claim income support once youngest child is 5, cant claim JSA as only contributions based now and hasnt worked,so no contributions and cant claim UC as has 3 kids born after 2017. What does she claim?

See the landlords are getting their money paid first and direct now. Twat from hartlepool with 200 houses on the news pleading f***ing poverty.
No bad thing to be fair. Rent arrears has shot up in my local housing authority. I`m honestly not just thinking of my own job either, but when you get people who have struggled suddenly get a handful of cash extra its too much of a temptation to a lot of them and they end up risking the roof over their heads. And not all of them are straight out and drink the brass or snort it or selfish reasons whatever but a lot look at their kids and think it may be nice for our billy to be the one in the class with the best trainers for a change or ive got this money so i`ll get some better stuff for our betsy

Back