Unexpected lowee thread

GalacticZorro

Central Defender
What is the most money/highest value thing you have ever unexpectedly found/been given?

Mine is probably an unexpected Christmas bonus whilst working for an American company several years ago, few grand a few days before Xmas totally out of the blue. Ower the knot.

And I found a tenner once in Barmston many moons ago, whilst going to my brother's to see if I could lend a tenner. He wasn't in, walked round the corner, tenner on the floor. Canny.

Gambling wins are also welcome here. Won about 3 ton on a 50p tricast first ever real bet. Then lost thousands over decades. Also canny.

Also, does anyone know anyone whose won owt on the lottery, proper or scratchy?

I dropped a tenner in Barmston once...went back to see if I could find it but saw some scruff skipping off down the street.

I saw a scruff drop a tenner once and quickly picked it up and laughed as I watched him scruffily come back for it only to see it was just a ruse and it was a tenner drawn onto the path in chalk where his tenner once lay. The scruff scratched and clawed at the pavement for hours whilst I laughed eating ten pounds worth of Barmston chippy scran.

Back