Unexpected hip hop stories

When DJ Premier's records got lost by the airline on his way to a gig in Sheffield he played his set entirely from vinyl borrowed from Toddla T and local legend Andy H. They had everything he would possibly have played.

Notorious BIG’s Gimme The Loot features two rappers, the second rapper is also Biggs but spun in a higher key

No way!! All these years I never knew that

One of the early Fresh Prince episodes will smith shouts 'gimme the loot gimme the loot' at the dinner table, noticed the other day..that album must have just come out then

When DJ Premier's records got lost by the airline on his way to a gig in Sheffield he played his set entirely from vinyl borrowed from Toddla T and local legend Andy H. They had everything he would possibly have played.

Guru from Gangstarrs real name is Keith.

And Kool Hercs real name is Clive.

Proper northern English gadgies names

Ernie C bought me a bottle of Brown Ale in Jillys Rockworld after on of his entourage tried to chat up my then girlfriend.

Public Enemy got a lift to gig in Sheffield off a random in a Ford Focus.

The highlight of the journey, however, came as the car was coming through Attercliffe. “I had a compilation CD I’d made in the car,” said Wells. “It was on low but suddenly when Bohemian Rhapsody came on, one of the entourage at the front shouted ‘Bo Rap! Waynes World!’ and they all started headbanging in the back of the car.

:lol:

Just listening to some of his stuff, I'd never heard of him, quite a pleasant surprise. 👍

All members of a tribe called quest had subscriptions to readers digest...
Phife Dawg even had a poem published in the Christmas 1993 edition

Just listening to some of his stuff, I'd never heard of him, quite a pleasant surprise. 👍

Oh just realised you highlighted Toddla. Quality party dj, don’t think I’d listen to his stuff in the house.

Check out some Andy H if you can one of the best technical djs around.

Last edited:

Back