Unexpected chip shop stories

Don't know how much of a regular he is like the picture seems like its from the 80s. That said with their mad opening times he could turn up often only to find it closed.

Their opening times are just strange like. I’m amazed they can even bothered with Good Friday 😂

Looks class that ride

He’s got some great tales about it , the rave that’s set up at a disused pub seems to be a highlight, but not for the bloke who’d parked his camper close by and was woke up by hundreds of cyclists and very loud music being played when he wanted to sleep

Also reckons there is something really special about hearing the bagpipes being played from a few miles away .

There was a fight one night, in the one opposite Farra School. Terry Donahue was the owner, and he just kept on serving, when it was pointed out that carnage was taking place, he just replied "The show must go on" and kept serving
Terrence "Trent" Donahue and the burnt offerings 😎
Think it was his mam who used to wear a sock over her arm to stop the splashes of fat burning her when she put the fish in to fry.

f***ing “scraps” :lol:

It’s like a year or so ago people on here where adamant sunderland people say “lush”.Last weekend was the first time in my life I’d heard it in sunderland and it was from a young lass who knows no better.

It’s a mag saying always has been.
One of my earliest memories was being with my nana in fulwell in a chippy and her asking fir scraps it was 1975

Told the woman off in bells in Durham market place for giving a drunk Andy Reid a couple battered sausages, demanded she changed them to salad

Same fish shop I met Bally, his missus was adamant it wasn’t him but he gave me a little wink so I gave him a hug
Nout worse than people who hound famous footballers etc. Try and be cheeky etc

I think it was Les Dennis who told a story about escaping from some lads who were going to give him a kicking in a Sunderland chippy when he tried out his "geordie" accent on them :lol:

Back