Underrated Fruit and Veg

Seems to be loads of stuff that grow great here that we don't see often in the supermarket. I planted some gooseberry bushes a couple of years ago and just picked the fruit. I always thought that they were a bitter fruit but they're really sweet.

I never see Kohl Rabi in the shops and it grows really easy over here and tastes a cross between cabbage and turnip. Why are things not popular here when they are all over Europe?

Seems to be loads of stuff that grow great here that we don't see often in the supermarket. I planted some gooseberry bushes a couple of years ago and just picked the fruit. I always thought that they were a bitter fruit but they're really sweet.

I never see Kohl Rabi in the shops and it grows really easy over here and tastes a cross between cabbage and turnip. Why are things not popular here when they are all over Europe?
I love celeriac mash now and again

Red gooseberries are nicer

One person's deliciousness is another person's sickening.
I agree there's a lot of underrated fruit and veg but parsnips make me want to spew up, yet all my family love them, especially roasted..

Don't know how popular or not it is across the North Sea but here in DK kale is often seen as an old-fashioned veg and seems to have been going out of fashion for years. But it is very easy to grow. I have a pot on my tiny balcony and it grows very happily. And more so, kale is nice. Especially home-made kale soup on cold Winter nights.

Don't know how popular or not it is across the North Sea but here in DK kale is often seen as an old-fashioned veg and seems to have been going out of fashion for years. But it is very easy to grow. I have a pot on my tiny balcony and it grows very happily. And more so, kale is nice. Especially home-made kale soup on cold Winter nights.
I like kale and grow it. It's often the last thing left after everything in the garden is gone.

Do you see much kohlrabi in your shops?

Back