Underrated bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very true. They played the Sedgefield Rock and Blues club recently. Both 'side projects' are well worth seeing, and both have recorded great albums. King King have headlined several blues festivals, and I'd give a pint of blood to see Stevie and Alan playing together.

Although the Nimmo Brothers are superb live, one of the best gigs I've ever been to in 50 years of watching live music was Stevie's Trio at the Cluny a couple of years back.

The way he adapted some tunes from his solo album Wynds of Life for a power trio format was inspired and his voice and playing were sublime.

Fwiw he's a smashing, humble, almost shy bloke off stage.

Had a sell-out gig in Hyde Park a fortnight ago, have sold 80 million records worldwide (3 UK Gold albums) and TP was in one of the most famous "supergroups" of all time. I love them, but I don't really think anyone can call them underrated!
Know what your saying but they don't get bigged up as much as the likes of Stones, Floyd, Zepplin etc etc.....

For @MickeyV

The Nimmos at their best.

Wow! Thank you. Plugged in my 'phones, and watched it three times. Truly awesome. I'm in tears actually. So much soul.
I hope they will play together again. Only found King King when they supported Joanne Shaw-Taylor at the Shepherd Bush O2, and Alan did his trick of unplugging his Strat and holding the audience, even on the balcony, spellbound with his playing. Saw Stevie at the 100 Club soon after and seen them both several times since, but together they are something else. Thanks again.

Wow! Thank you. Plugged in my 'phones, and watched it three times. Truly awesome. I'm in tears actually. So much soul.
I hope they will play together again. Only found King King when they supported Joanne Shaw-Taylor at the Shepherd Bush O2, and Alan did his trick of unplugging his Strat and holding the audience, even on the balcony, spellbound with his playing. Saw Stevie at the 100 Club soon after and seen them both several times since, but together they are something else. Thanks again.

You're welcome. They have that effect on me as well.

We saw Joanne Shaw-Taylor at Guisborough Blues Club many moons ago when she was just a bairn and very impressive she was too. Mainly SRV stuff at the time iirc.

There's a bit of Nimmos' stuff on youtube but a lot of it is poor camera phone footage, but the Blues Moose Cafe recordings are decent and the sound is very good.

The first one, Waiting for My Heart to Fall is a tune that I think showcases both brothers' different vocal and guitar talents.

The second video, Black Cat Bone is their party piece which you may have heard about already.

Unfortunately the camera man is caught unawares and doesn't capture the changeover.

It's an unashamed gimmick but even having seen them do it dozens of times it never fails to make me smile.

Enjoy...

You're welcome. They have that effect on me as well.

We saw Joanne Shaw-Taylor at Guisborough Blues Club many moons ago when she was just a bairn and very impressive she was too. Mainly SRV stuff at the time iirc.

There's a bit of Nimmos' stuff on youtube but a lot of it is poor camera phone footage, but the Blues Moose Cafe recordings are decent and the sound is very good.

The first one, Waiting for My Heart to Fall is a tune that I think showcases both brothers' different vocal and guitar talents.

The second video, Black Cat Bone is their party piece which you may have heard about already.

Unfortunately the camera man is caught unawares and doesn't capture the changeover.

It's an unashamed gimmick but even having seen them do it dozens of times it never fails to make me smile.

Enjoy...

I sat and watched them all, and more, last night. Ramblin' Man Fair at the weekend, with JST, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, ZZ Top and Rival Sons. Eric Gales is guesting with Supersonic Blues Machine, which will be the highlight for me.
Thanks again BTW:D:cool:

The Long Ryders
The Black Crowes
Nashville Pussy
The Cult
Mazzy Star
Motorhead
The Hold Steady
Wooden Shjips
Jesus and Mary Chain
Stiff Little Fingers
The Band of Heathens
Japan
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Drive By Truckers
The Fall
Gov't Mule
Lloyd Cole and The Commotions
Madder Rose
Okkervil River
Redskins
Rival Sons
The The

The Avett Brothers
The Punch Brothers

Any other brothers? :lol:

:lol: We've been having a brothers band and or brothers in bands session at work these last couple of days!

Started when there was a Scott Walker tribute show on radio concerning a tribute concert at the Albert Hall on Tuesday neet. My mate argued until he was blue in the face that The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anywmore was by The Righteous Brothers.....he eventually relented when I offered to bet him ten pints that it was The Walker Brothers. If I'd offered a pint bet he would've took it.......I shot myself in the foot there. They were playing The Everley Brothers all day anarl.

The Webb Brothers. Sons of Jim Webb writer of Wichita Lineman and others.
The Golinski Brothers. Indie pop classic "Bloody".
The Faith Brothers. Toured with REM and drank in one of my old locals in Fulham.
Sparks
Oasis
Kinks
Beach Boys
UB40
Jesus and Mary Chain
Flying Burrito Brothers.
Prefab Sprout
AcDc
Daintees
Crowded House
Split Enz
Psychedelic Furs
Allman Brothers
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Ramones
Triffids?

Kitchens of Distinction
The Icicle Works
The Triffids
The Go Betweens
Imperial Teen
The Band of Holy Joy
Spearmint
The Family Cat (especially The Family Cat!!)

The Felice Brothers (already mentioned).

Saw both the triffids and the GoBetweens. Gobetweens were way way better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back