Underrated bands from the 90's.

Imagine thinking Oasis wrote good music. :lol:

Imagine thinking "imagine thinking" was a witty way to open a response. :lol:

Imagine thinking you've written better songs than Noel Gallagher who penned one of the best debut albums ever :lol: Downhill from there mind but still...

fyl is always good value on threads like these. Batshit mental but good value all the same.

I bet @Grumpy Old Man doesn't have to put up with this shit from people with no training who just like to think they have an ear for good accounting.

Imagine thinking you've written better songs than Noel Gallagher who penned one of the best debut albums ever :lol: Downhill from there mind but still...

Possibly one of the best debut albums ever written in his living room.

One of the best ever? Give over.

@Mackem00 you need training in listening to music marra :(

Possibly one of the best debut albums ever written in his living room.

One of the best ever? Give over.

I'm not arguing with someone who thinks Little Jagged Pill is better than Definitely Maybe. (I don't really think you believe that mind. You're just fibbing like when you pretended not to know Liam was the singer and Noel the writer).

Last edited:
Just been recently listening to alot of Red House painters albums, very good indeed. Liked them at the time but seem better with age.

Always rember hearing "attack of the grey lantern" on a listening post in hmv. Listened to the whole album from start to finish after not knowing what to expect. Blown away by how good it was, still an absolute classic.

In no particular order

Mazzy star,
Galaxy 500,
Lush(early years),
Bettie serveert,
Sebadoh,
Gallon Drunk,
Stereo lab.
Did you see Paul Draper's tour earlier this year? Played AOTGL end to end and it's still superb.

I went to the Star Shaped Festival in Manchester last year and was surprised at how many Space and Sleeper songs I recognised and enjoyed. I thought Dodgy were very dull. Headlining that, and I'm seeing them tomorrow night, were the Bluetones so I have to throw them into the mix. Just got tickets to see Gomez too, first 2 albums were really good, after that they've recorded some good tracks but the albums aren't that great.

@Mackem00 you need training in listening to music marra :(

I'm not arguing with someone who thinks Little Jagged Pill is better than Definitely Maybe. (I don't really think you believe that mind. You're just fibbing like when you pretended not to know Liam was the singer and Noel the writer).

If you want to claim to be a judge of good music then training helps. If you know fuck all about composition techniques, playing techniques, performance techniques, recording techniques or production techniques and are just basing your opinion on "I like this album and so do lots of my friends and other people so it must be good and anyone that says any other album is better is a wrongun" then don't be surprised when someone that does have academic, practical and working experience of them all comes along and tells you when you're talking out of your arse.

If you want to claim to be a judge of good music then training helps. If you know fuck all about composition techniques, playing techniques, performance techniques, recording techniques or production techniques and are just basing your opinion on "I like this album and so do lots of my friends and other people so it must be good and anyone that says any other album is better is a wrongun" then don't be surprised when someone that does have academic, practical and working experience of them all comes along and tells you when you're talking out of your arse.

:lol:

I'd love to know what he binned that was better than def maybe :lol:

Deaf Fyl innit ly Maybe

Back