Underrated Albums

Stiff Little Fingers - Now Then. Fans hated it but their most tuneful album for me.

The Clash - Sandinista! Hard to like instantly but it permeates over the years and you can discover something new with every listen.

The Pogues - Waiting For Herb - No one expected much after Shane left but half of this album is excellent, the other half okay.

Thought it was regarded as a classic? Certainly is in my book.

Last edited:
Alfie - If you happy with you need do nothing.
Ian Brown - Unfinished monkey business

PJ Harvey - The Hope Six Demolition Project. It received a
luke warm response when initially released but her live shows since have led to more fans appreciating the album. Some great full sets available on YouTube.

In Rainbows

The album's pay-what-you-want release, the first for a major act, made headlines around the world and sparked debate about implications for the music industry. The physical release debuted at #1 on the UK Albums Chart and the US Billboard 200 chart. By October 2008, In Rainbows had sold over three million copies worldwide. It received critical acclaim and was ranked one of the best albums of 2007, and the decade, by many publications. It won two Grammy Awards for Best Alternative Music Album and Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package. In 2012, Rolling Stone placed In Rainbows at number 336 on their updated list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

So number 1 in the charts, critical acclaim, grammy award winning and on rolling stone's best albums of all time list.

Norman from Pallion might think it is shit but I don't think you can call it underrated.

Green On Red, The Long Ryders and The Dream Syndicate were the holy triumvirate of that scene. Rain Parade not far behind...

Sid Griffin still tours over here regularly either with The Coal Porters or solo. Well worth seeing...
Sid Griffin used to get in my local to watch bands. None of us knew who he was.

The Dream Syndicate are back together and touring next year. Love the first two albums.

I love the Dream Syndicates first album. Don't think I've heard any others.
Heard the second now. love it.

Back