Underrated Albums

marsey

Striker
Was listening to The Seeds of Love album by Tears for Fears for the first time in ages the other day, and had forgotten how much I love it.

There's not a bad track on it, but I can't remember if the reviews were favourable or not when it came out. I can only remember the detractors comparing the single as a Beatles rip off.

Another one I would put in that category is Version 2.0 by Garbage. I loved her voice from when she was in Goodbye Mr McKenzie, but again, I don't think it was ever considered a classic.

Was listening to The Seeds of Love album by Tears for Fears for the first time in ages the other day, and had forgotten how much I love it.

There's not a bad track on it, but I can't remember if the reviews were favourable or not when it came out. I can only remember the detractors comparing the single as a Beatles rip off.

Another one I would put in that category is Version 2.0 by Garbage. I loved her voice from when she was in Goodbye Mr McKenzie, but again, I don't think it was ever considered a classic.
I used to have a video tape with recorded episodes of The Ghostbusters on it when I was a bairn. At the beginning of the tape was the last 10 minutes or so of an episode of TOTP and the video for Seeds of Love was featured. I hated the curly haired twat with a passion. Dreadful.

The Psychedelic Furs-The Psychedelic Furs. Their first album. Proper raw n edgy and nowt like the sanitised mtv rock they came out with later. It's the only album of there's I like.
The Delays-Faded Seaside Glamour. Proper Indieish English summer seaside soundtrack. A work of great beauty. The sort of thing The Smiths are lauded for only better.
Aerosmith-Toys In The Attic. Their first album and again nowt like the sanitised aor and mtv stuff they became famous for. Like a turbo charged Rolling Stones in some places. It's the only thing of there's I like.

The Delays-Faded Seaside Glamour. Proper Indieish English summer seaside soundtrack. A work of great beauty. The sort of thing The Smiths are lauded for only better.

Love the singles from this album but never listened to the whole thing...! Will give it a listen now... I used to think it was a girl singer for ages :eek::rolleyes::D

Back