Underbelly (Australian drug gangsters TV)

JL1985

Striker
My friend recommended watching this. I thought it’s already been on British TV before but he said it definitely won’t have.

I’m certain it has been and has theme music with the lyrics ‘it’s a jungle out there’

I think one of the first episodes is a female teacher smuggling drugs from Asia.

I might be totally wrong because my mate said it’s never been shown in Britain but I’m sure it’s been on in the last 10 years - either that or I’m having weird dreams.

agreed, re the first series

like an updated "sullivans", in that you can spot faces in the series, you've seen in other Australian films etc :lol:

I don't think it's been on council tele over here

Good first series but dog awful that.

Tilly Devine who it was part based on lived just around the corner to me. Not at the same time obviously.

The first series is brilliant. You actually start to like some of the characters despite them being utter scum.

Utter chod after that. The airport drug smuggling isn't the first series.

Chopper didn’t get a mention the idiot I thought.
Carl Williams and the Moran’s. Still murders happening today over that shit. I’m sure the one of them got murdered last year.

Chopper didn’t get a mention the idiot I thought.
Carl Williams and the Moran’s. Still murders happening today over that shit. I’m sure the one of them got murdered last year.
And none of them are any loss to society.

It's awful and cheesy.

However the actual story of the Melbourne gang war is quite interesting.
There is quite a story going on in Sunderland atm involving a super grass who has dished out a lot of time in jail for some big criminals in the area. It will one day be a book.

The first series is brilliant. You actually start to like some of the characters despite them being utter scum.

Utter chod after that. The airport drug smuggling isn't the first series.

Agrees with this. First series decent, then terrible. Really poor I bought the DVDS (showing my age) - ended up in the charity bag. Think Si bought three series or something.

Much of the it is about true stories involving drugs, gangs, the feuding and killing in Melbourne and ‘ characters’ like Mick Gatto, the Moran family.

You would be better off reading about it than watching Underbelly.

Back