Under the cosh podcast: Matt Kilgallon

Watched it all, hmmm, nice enough lad but not a professional in my eyes.
Di Canio had his expectations of his team, higher than theirs.
The drinking culture has ruined our club.

Definitely bet he went on the piss on all the time, probably the reason why Bruce made him train with the reserves after six months.

He had to spend his 'big dough' on something I suppose.

Was a funny podcast and he comes across alright, but there was clearly a bad drinking culture here during that time. Sounds like Kilgallon, Bardsley, Johnson, Graham, Fletcher were at least some of the culprits.

Meyler and Bramble were constantly out on the piss in Newcastle as well.

in the pod kilgallon talks about it with safc players as well..

he says di canio told them osf they worked really hard that week he would look after them..

so at the end of the week they all arrive in their best gear..ready for a night out..and di canio says, "i told you i would look afer you and I will, and takes out ice creams.

think kildgallon said tommy miller told him same happened at swindon..

we had a director of football shortly after that happened..

the lad from celtic has never worked as a director of football a day in his life..
we should get an experienced and modern one..
“We”.

Never bothered me when I hear about players on the pop so long as they deliver on the Saturday, problem being none of our players since the Keane era have really turned up regularly.

Sunlun that

Never bothered me when I hear about players on the pop so long as they deliver on the Saturday, problem being none of our players since the Keane era have really turned up regularly.

Sunlun that

iirc, I remember there being a big debate on here when the players were spotted on the lash in Tuptup or somewhere on the night we beat the Mags just after Poyet had been appointed. Loads arguing that they deserved it, and it’s just what normal lads would do after a big success at work.....

The next Saturday we put in an absolutely stinking performance against Hull and finished with 9 men!

iirc, I remember there being a big debate on here when the players were spotted on the lash in Tuptup or somewhere on the night we beat the Mags just after Poyet had been appointed. Loads arguing that they deserved it, and it’s just what normal lads would do after a big success at work.....

The next Saturday we put in an absolutely stinking performance against Hull and finished with 9 men!

To be fair, we were better than Hull that game. Johnson missed a sitter and someone else did late on IIRC.

They created fuck all and Carlos Cuellar buried one into his own net just before half time. Dossena nearly murdered someone as well for his red card.

Last edited:
Makes me laugh when they moan they had to sit through 40 minutes of analysis of the team they're about to play. Shows the intelligence of these young's lads. Enjoyed listening to it and yes Di Canio sounds nuts but when the team is struggling and he stops days off and they start getting results it shows it was required. I'm sure most of those days would have only been half days anyway, most people would die for a job like that on that kind of money.

He starts talking about Sunderland at 1:23:00 on the YouTube video
Makes me laugh when they moan they had to sit through 40 minutes of analysis of the team they're about to play. Shows the intelligence of these young's lads. Enjoyed listening to it and yes Di Canio sounds nuts but when the team is struggling and he stops days off and they start getting results it shows it was required. I'm sure most of those days would have only been half days anyway, most people would die for a job like that on that kind of money.
Watch the Man City documentary where they constantly are shown sitting in the teaching room looking at tactics.

It's what separates mediocre delegation fodder from the top players. The attitude is just completely different

Last edited:

Back