Under 50's

I believe 80% of the casualties, which was around 1000, under the age of 50 had underlying conditions. So leaves 200 with no underlying health conditions. Factor in must be nigh on 20 million in this country that fall into the under 50's. It's all totally tragic but a bit of perspective is certainly necessary. I certainly saw these stats stated a couple of weeks back, maybe out dated, but can't think they will be. In summary the odds are very slim for this type.

I'm sure I saw a stat saying it was 90%+

I know some manufacturing companies have furloughed all staff aged 45+ which seems sensible.
That’s probably a financial decision though tbf.
I’d say the vast majority of companies really couldn’t give two shIt’s about their employees if it wasn’t for health and safety laws.

If you are under 50 with no underlying health issues, you have around 5 times more chance of being killed by something else in the next 12 months than CV. The problem is youll be spreading it around those who don't fall into this category without even trying.

We know most younger people don't die, probably as they have a stronger immune systems and are 'fitter' but how many still end up needing medical treatment or will suffer long term issues? 🤔

I don't know the exact numbers but younger people are a higher percentage of hospital patients than they are of the deaths. That's because they recover due to being younger/fitter but it's not an overnight stay for some of them. I say this as Spain used to release figures that showed this so I'd dare say the UK is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day people can see the data and make their own decisions. I think that is why the government are reluctant to make advice mandatory and punish people.

We need those that are less vulnerable to gain some immunity in case there is no vaccine.

At the end of the day people can see the data and make their own decisions. I think that is why the government are reluctant to make advice mandatory and punish people.

We need those that are less vulnerable to gain some immunity in case there is no vaccine.

Are you off your head? The govt are simply incompetent dont be trying to make excuses for them.

As for your second point, stop blathering dangerous shite

Back