Under 30s spending less that 2001 counterparts

It’s amazing, really. You post about evidence that people are doing less of something and everyone just wades in with their annecdotes about people doing it.

It’s almost like you don’t notice the people spending less because there isn’t anything to notice.

I know loads of people like that from back home. Giving it the big’un about their cars, nights out and holidays. Live in their ma’s spare room. They don’t realise how tragic they are.

How is it tragic living at home. In my view it makes sense because you might have your own house but also you've got more debt.

He’s a f***ing weirdo. You want to have a word.

He's a gentleman and a scholar. His dad used to run a few nightclubs in shields back in the 60s, 70s and 80s

Last edited:
How is it tragic living at home. In my view it makes sense because you might have your own house but also you've got more debt.

He's a gentleman and a scholar. His dad used to run a few nightclubs in shields back in the 60s, 70s and 80s
Still summat odd going on there though. Bailing out on your wife and kids to go and stay with your mam for the weekend. It’s not you is it?

By doing that you’re basically a kid pretending to be a real person. It’s sad as fuck.

Guessing people you know from back home will be a similar age to you, so you’re talking about the age bracket under 30s are being compared to.

Plenty of people living like that between ages 23-37 based on people I can think of who I know. Wasn’t a dig at any particular generation. I’m attacking everyone mate I don’t discriminate.

Last edited:
young adults def dont go out on the drink as much as we did, partly as iyts too expensive now and the continental hours has made towns up and down the country less busy also

Houses are far too expensive now so i reckon , at a guess, back in day most tried to get their own house mid/late 20s , nowadays its probably more like 30 , need a crazy size deposit now

young uns also seem to spend much more time in the gym now and social media means they can just chat online, which is a sad sign of the times

By doing that you’re basically a kid pretending to be a real person. It’s sad as fuck.

Plenty of people living like that between ages 23-37 based on people I can think of who I know. Wasn’t a dig at any particular generation. I’m attacking everyone mate I don’t discriminate.

I disagree I think it makes sense. If you have a full time job you can live at home and have no debt. It's up to the person they could leave at any time but I can see sense in what they do.

Plus if you've got a busy lifestyle you probably don't need the hassle of having your own place.

It’s amazing, really. You post about evidence that people are doing less of something and everyone just wades in with their annecdotes about people doing it.

It’s almost like you don’t notice the people spending less because there isn’t anything to notice.

Good point. So what should we be saying?

Aye I know a lad like that. Tighter than a nat’s chuff. Never buys avocados, doesn’t even have his own car. Lives in his own house and is independent as fuck, the spenk.

Thinking about it some kids I know are tight little fuckers. One particular one I know pays £20 board a week (18) and spends none of her £200 a week she gets from her job. Annoys the fuck out of me. Just stays in all week doing fuck all.

I disagree I think it makes sense. If you have a full time job you can live at home and have no debt. It's up to the person they could leave at any time but I can see sense in what they do.

Plus if you've got a busy lifestyle you probably don't need the hassle of having your own place.

Fuck the debt, can't think of a worse way to spend your 20s.

It’s you this. There is no ‘mate’

Do you give your lass and parents board?

I always smile when my neighbours 22 year old son says him and his girlfriend can't afford a house. Despite both paying £400 a month lease for a Mercedes C Class car.

My nephew is the same, supposedly saving for house then got rid of his leased Citroen and replaced it with a leased Merc.

Or driving a 5 series when you could walk from Gilly Law to Doxford International every day for work. Probably don’t need to get their eyebrows or back, sack and crack waxed either but it’s their money I suppose.

I’d rather have my own kitchen and a living room with all my things in it whether I was renting or not but that’s people for you.

Or driving a 5 series when you could walk from Gilly Law to Doxford International every day for work. Probably don’t need to get their eyebrows or back, sack and crack waxed either but it’s their money I suppose.

I’d rather have my own kitchen and a living room with all my things in it whether I was renting or not but that’s people for you.

He built his own flat next to his parents. They had a big double garage so he thought it a good idea to build his own place above the garage with his own bathroom and stuff. It's the best of both worlds really.

Good point. So what should we be saying?

Aye I know a lad like that. Tighter than a nat’s chuff. Never buys avocados, doesn’t even have his own car. Lives in his own house and is independent as fuck, the spenk.

You don’t have to say anything tbh.

Just think “Oh aye everyone I know leases a Ferrari 458, has holidays on the moon and has daily pomegranate juice enemas.” Doesn’t really advance the discussion much.

Edmunds ?

Last edited:

Back