Unable to post pics into threads

Each time I try to cut and paste a link I always get the message “ please retry or contact administrator “

Posting pics/photos did previously work but not for months now.

Any ideas what’s going on?

cheers
Did you open the picture in a new tab before copying URL? This sometimes works for me.
Are you using the mountain icon?

Or are you talking about your own photographs?

Did you open the picture in a new tab before copying URL? This sometimes works for me.
Are you using the mountain icon?

Or are you talking about your own photographs?

yes I use the mountain icon and it’s both photos from links as well my own( using image sharing)

used to work fine but not for a while now

The current editor box is a step backwards from the one before our last big change to the forums (not my choice but we are using off-the-shelf forum software and have to take what the developers provide to a large extent).

The dragging and dropping isn't as straightforward with the current editor as you can't just drag and drop the image into the editor box, but have to click on the "insert image" (mountain) icon first and then drop the image (or the web address of the image) into that.

That said it sounds like you are already doing that. - other things I can think of off the top of my head is if you have javascript disabled or are running an ad blocker it might cause problems.

What sort of device/operating system are you using?

I'm unable to post images using links to my own Flickr account.
So decided to use rtg gallery. It wouldn't allow me to upload an image - says I don't have enough space. So I deleted my entire album in rtg gallery, created a new empty one, and it still tells me I don't have enough space when I try to upload an image. So I tried to link from my album in rtg gallery to my Flickr images, but these never appear in the album either.
It's fucked, innit.

The BB Code for sharing an image from flickr should work here if you click on the share link in flikr and it is a public image (I will test at the end of this message).

The RTG albums are only cleared up by a batch job, so when you delete images they don't actually physically disappear from the server immediately (You had 23 images in the queue for deletion, but they should be gone now).

Flickr Test (don't use any image icons, just drop the bb code into your post):

Logon or register to see this image
Sunderland by John Keniry, on Flickr

BTW You can purchase extra space in the RTG Gallery here if needed (scroll to the bottom)

I get the same msg, I’m using an iPhone X and safari- will try with google chrome next
Nope- exactly the same. I’m using the Picup app, which has worked fine before
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Same here, but I'm wondering if it's a 'XenForo' based forum issue, it's exactly the same on another forum I use regardless of my device, can't even post a youtube hyperlink.

Same here, but I'm wondering if it's a 'XenForo' based forum issue, it's exactly the same on another forum I use regardless of my device, can't even post a youtube hyperlink.

Its almost certain to be the same on any Forums running version 2.x of the Xenforo software.

For youtube, just click on the Share link in youtube and paste that directly into your message.

Back