Un decimilasing the pound

I really hope not and the op is on the wind up. I wish we’d get rid of this half and half system and put imperial in museums where it belongs.

If you think about it it makes no sense. Why is there 12inchs in a foot, but 14 pounds in a stone? Where does 3 feet in a yard come from?!

At least metric makes sense everything is 10, 100 or 1000. 1000grams is 1kilogram, 1000m is 1kilometer.

Metric is a far better method of measurement. A metric ton of distilled water is exactly 1m^3 which allows for the quick and accurate conversion between length and mass then the onward scaling at factors of 10 or 1,000.

Much more convenient for engineering calculations.

Metric is a far better method of measurement. A metric ton of distilled water is exactly 1m^3 which allows for the quick and accurate conversion between length and mass then the onward scaling at factors of 10 or 1,000.

1ml of water = 1gram. As I said it makes far more sense. Why we still hold on to using miles on the roads is beyond me. We are more likely to go back to imperial than move forward with this group of dinosaurs we have in government.

Under that system there were 240 denarii (Latin for pennies) in a pound. There was a link between weight and money. As 1 pennyweight of silver was 240th of Troy pound. The shilling (known as solidus at the time) was an accounting unit of one twentieth of a pound.

reason for everything

Why would we want to go back to a currency that was forced upon us by Europe?

L.s.d. was invented by Pepin the Short, king of France, in the 8th century and based around the old Roman monetary system. It spread across Europe due to trade and eventually Britain had to change to the foreign system (under the rule of Offa), again because of trade.

I bet you still refer to timber in imperial though.

Back