Umbro Blue away shirt 78/79

Logon or register to see this image
The lord Rowell shirt, anyway bloke over the road from us said he had a bag of sunlun shirts that my two lads can have and amazingly inside was an original Umbro away too in which lord Rowell scored his famous hat trick, has the Umbro logo, original tag I'm blown away by it, fits my you best lad perfectly and may let him wear it next weekend, sent a bottle of famous grouse over to say thanks like but I'm owa the moon

Bollocks upload didn't work will try again
Fotty quid man ffs

Best one is the white one we wore at OT in the 3-2 loss in 74 or was it 75

Fotty quid man ffs

Best one is the white one we wore at OT in the 3-2 loss in 74 or was it 75

That Tony Towers pass about 3 mins in is absolutely out of this world:D
And Hughesy's second goal is sublime.

Last edited by a moderator:
That and the home kit with the button neck were the last full kits I had when I was 11/12. New strips were more of a deal then and not got every season. After that I just tended to wear random cheap plain shirts, odd socks and shorts that you could get in those days - the official kits were in with all sorts of colours and not wall to wall like now. Will have been from Dixon Sports in Newcastle which would have our kit displayed alongside the Skunks'.

Class that like, you ever bought anything off there ? I've read mixed reviews thats all. Umbro missed a trick by not doing these in as retro tops like they do with other clubs classics

Nah I haven't, thought about this one but I'm normally a 42" so thought medium too small and the large too baggy. If it was cotton I'd of bought the bigger one and the missus would shrink it along with everything else but it's polyester and even she couldn't fuck that up.

The lord Rowell shirt, anyway bloke over the road from us said he had a bag of sunlun shirts that my two lads can have and amazingly inside was an original Umbro away too in which lord Rowell scored his famous hat trick, has the Umbro logo, original tag I'm blown away by it, fits my you best lad perfectly and may let him wear it next weekend, sent a bottle of famous grouse over to say thanks like but I'm owa the moon

Bollocks upload didn't work will try again

Class that mate, very nice of your neighbour

it is a wonderful shirt mind

Whats the acceptance of men wearing retro shirts

Not a fan of grown men in football shirts as a rule but are retros accepted?

Last edited:

Back