UK hotel prices

Loads of places in York annoyingly won't take a single night booking on Friday or Saturday either. Money grabbing kernts.

Are they taking the piss or what?

Me and the good lady normally have a night away for our anniversary 1st weekend of the year, looked at York and Edinburgh, f***ing £400 to £600 a night for City Centre hotels.

Prices seem to have trebled since two years ago!
Agree the prices are shocking

Are they taking the piss or what?

Me and the good lady normally have a night away for our anniversary 1st weekend of the year, looked at York and Edinburgh, f***ing £400 to £600 a night for City Centre hotels.

Prices seem to have trebled since two years ago!
One night in Manchester is costing us about 140 for the end of this month where it normally would have been half that like. It's going on all over.

Budget hotels still seem to be good value, whereas places a bit more upmarket seem to have doubled their prices. Staying in Manchester city centre tomorrow night, £38 for a travelodge isn't too bad.

We love Scarborough so looked at the Premier Inn and it was £245 for first weekend in December. We have booked a small hotel approximately 200 yards away for £180 for the weekend for an en suite upgraded bedroom. We could have got a smaller room for £140.
Travelodge was £140 but not very good.
A really good hotel was £250 but along South Cliff so further to crawl back after a few beers.
My advice is to shop around.

I'm staying in a Premier Inn in Edinburgh for the Christmas Market next month and it is only costing me £76 for the two nights. There's plenty of deals to be had if you book well in advance.

We are doing the same with the kids, have done it a few times we love it up there just before Christmas. About the same price for accommodation and we bought a rail card this year as it was a no brainier.

Back