UK hotel prices

Are they taking the piss or what?

Me and the good lady normally have a night away for our anniversary 1st weekend of the year, looked at York and Edinburgh, f***ing £400 to £600 a night for City Centre hotels.

Prices seem to have trebled since two years ago!
Go out a bit further. Got an apartment for £90 per night. Midweek granted.

Are they taking the piss or what?

Me and the good lady normally have a night away for our anniversary 1st weekend of the year, looked at York and Edinburgh, f***ing £400 to £600 a night for City Centre hotels.

Prices seem to have trebled since two years ago!

Inside the walls? License to print money. Stay on the ringroad and it'll be a fraction of the price for York.

It depends where you are looking. With more people holidaying at home this year some cities are seeing a boom in visitors. On the other hand, hotels in London are cheaper than I've seen for years due to the lack of international business and leisure travellers.

For Edinburgh, I'd recommend the Holiday Inn Express which is usually around £90.

Nothing fancy but it is within walking distance of everywhere and with bus and tram stops outside. When I'm travelling all I'm looking for is a bed and shower in a decent central location. Don't care about spas, restaurants, gyms and other facilities that I won't use.

Back