UK, EUROMILLIONS WINNER !

• Thread starter Deleted member 2014
  • Start date

On holiday at the moment. My Mam put a lucky dip on for me and never heard from her so i mustn't have won. Unless she's buggered off with the winnings.

We were told if our syndicate won it that we'd all be expected to work our notice - three months for some.

I laughed that much I nearly shat myself.

Oh, I'm more than happy to work my notice, it's only four weeks.... Line Manager said she would have to be the first one to hand her notice in as her notice period is three months. There are ten of us in our little syndicate.... I reckon two notices a month would be fair to the company. If we went by length of service, I'd be 4th. If we went by age, I'd still be 4th.

Not that it matters much now, since the big one was has been won, but its nice to have a plan in place.

The only reason I'd work my notice would be that I wouldn't want to raise any suspicion that I'd won.

I even thought about switching to some really mundane temp job for a few weeks as a cover story, something you could just wrap in quickly.

..or be like that bloke in Washington that wrapped in work as a fork lift driver. After a while he missed the old factory and the lads,
so he went back, bought the place, the owner became the manger, he bought himself a new fork lift and went back to work.

Going to go downstairs and check my ticket as soon as I get off the bog, fingers crossed 😁
I reckon, if you'd won the jackpot, you'd have been back by now, to share your good news.

Then again, you could be reading this, while lazing on some, faraway, sun kissed, tropical beach, with your own personal waiter, fetching you, an endless stream, of exotic cocktails. 🌴🍸🍹 🌞 😊

Ps, if you've got any spare change, from your winnings, to donate towards a part season ticket, I'd be very grateful, missus LOP.
;):lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I'm more than happy to work my notice, it's only four weeks.... Line Manager said she would have to be the first one to hand her notice in as her notice period is three months. There are ten of us in our little syndicate.... I reckon two notices a month would be fair to the company. If we went by length of service, I'd be 4th. If we went by age, I'd still be 4th.

Not that it matters much now, since the big one was has been won, but its nice to have a plan in place.
Not a chance in hell I'd be working my 4-week notice - they could sue me for the time I owed them.

Self-certified week on the sick, use up all my remaining leave and 'forget' to come back for the rest of it.

I would leave without a backwards glance, leaving everyone coughing in the dust left by my wake.

Not a chance in hell I'd be working my 4-week notice - they could sue me for the time I owed them.

Self-certified week on the sick, use up all my remaining leave and 'forget' to come back for the rest of it.

I would leave without a backwards glance, leaving everyone coughing in the dust left by my wake.
Is it really that bad a place to work?

The only reason I'd work my notice would be that I wouldn't want to raise any suspicion that I'd won.

I even thought about switching to some really mundane temp job for a few weeks as a cover story, something you could just wrap in quickly.

..or be like that bloke in Washington that wrapped in work as a fork lift driver. After a while he missed the old factory and the lads,
so he went back, bought the place, the owner became the manger, he bought himself a new fork lift and went back to work.
Didn’t deserve the money imo.

Not serious about this one mind, but say if you did win, how long could you swing the lead at work before your colleagues/managers got a bit hacked off with you?

If you just wrap in without warning,
just as the country is wondering who has trousered £170 million,
and the daily Mail is running "Do you know whos won? We'll give you £10k" stories

Someone you work with will rat you out telling the papers that you quit the day after the big jackpot and wouldn't work your notice.

Before you know it, they'll be camped outside your house for days.

So I'd keep schtum, wait a couple of weeks, hand the notice in, work my time and slide out.

and the daily Mail is running "Do you know whos won? We'll give you £10k" stories

Someone you work with will rat you out telling the papers that you quit the day after the big jackpot and wouldn't work your notice.

So I'd keep schtum, wait a couple of weeks, hand the notice in, work my time and slide out.
Exactly this, my notice is going in the end of the month.

Yep.

Wouldn't give them the steam from my sh!te.
Fuckin hell, that’s me all over. I’d take great pleasure letting the gaffer know anarl.

If you won £170m do you honestly think you could go back and work your notice without giving off any kind of sign?

Back