UK electricity generation

Are we even being told the truth about electricity and how it's generated?
These wind turbines seem at odds for me.
In Hartlepool, as most will know, we have a power station, apparently nuclear, with two reactors that they tell us can supply 1 million homes.
And yet they place wind turbines close by in the sea and also up hart.

It doesn't seem to make any sense.

In Hartlepool, as most will know, we have a power station, apparently nuclear, with two reactors that they tell us can supply 1 million homes.

Where to start

Nuclear reactors have a finite life. Hartlepool is due to shut in 2024 iirc.

Ørsted Revises Offshore Production Forecasts Downward | Offshore Wind

Despite the positive news that renewables are making significant gains, you can’t plan for the unknown. Or you do know about it and choose to ignore it.

The leading player in offshore wind has downgraded yield forecasts due to a phenomenon which is known to occur, but have simply not included in both their simulation model and the subsequent yield analysis.

It transpires that the fields may not produce the same energy as they have previously forecast.

I have a similar yet different concern for solar. All of that energy from the sun has been absorbed by the earth’s crust for millennia. That energy must go somewhere.
As solar farms become more prevalent, they absorb more energy than the earth has done historically.

There’s the potential that this seemingly small change has an affect that we do not yet fully understand.

Ørsted Revises Offshore Production Forecasts Downward | Offshore Wind

Despite the positive news that renewables are making significant gains, you can’t plan for the unknown. Or you do know about it and choose to ignore it.

The leading player in offshore wind has downgraded yield forecasts due to a phenomenon which is known to occur, but have simply not included in both their simulation model and the subsequent yield analysis.

It transpires that the fields may not produce the same energy as they have previously forecast.

I have a similar yet different concern for solar. All of that energy from the sun has been absorbed by the earth’s crust for millennia. That energy must go somewhere.
As solar farms become more prevalent, they absorb more energy than the earth has done historically.

There’s the potential that this seemingly small change has an affect that we do not yet fully understand.

I’m certain that engineering efficiency progress will overcome these lower wattage set backs.
Perhaps the increase in lightning strikes to the earth core due to more volatile atmospheric conditions will compensate for this, like you say potential and unknowns, mankind’s 11th hour bandage must prevail.

Power stations, wind turbines etc are connected to the national grid. Its not like a nuclear power station in Hartlepool powers Hartlepool, Sellafield powers the area around Sellafield, etc. They contribute to the entire grid.
It’s a very good system, plenty of redundancy.

what does this gibberish even mean?!?

Back