UK Covid levels rise 30% in a week to estimated 2.3m cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im past giving 2 shits about covid it’s out there guess what it will be for a longtime

You’ll get all the lazy idiots wanting lockdowns, Furlough again then cry when taxes and other things go up

Im past giving 2 shits about covid it’s out there guess what it will be for a longtime

You’ll get all the lazy idiots wanting lockdowns, Furlough again then cry when taxes and other things go up
Any examples of anyone anywhere outside of mainland China calling for lockdowns?

Mrs (No) works in the NHS and they’ve been briefed that the current rate of infections are growing faster than when the country first went into lockdown.
Fortunately it looks like it’s in a much milder form than previously.
The hospitalisations are going up quicker than they would like though

Going to be a lot more of this in the NHS going forward.

BBC News - Special Covid leave scrapped for NHS England staff

I can understand why the NHS are looking to move on. Covid isn't the be all and end all as there are a whole range of other illnesses that need treating.

But, covid is devastating, that is factual given the number of people who have lost their lives as a result.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. If there is a covid outbreak at work, wear masks, ensure those people who have picked it up are off work, as you would with any other virus. It is possible to move on while taking a bit of care when it is obvious a bit of care is needed.

Instead the narrative has become: "if you suggest that people take care to limit the spread you must want a lockdown". Absolute ludicrous stupidity. It's those people spouting that shite and not taking care that cause lockdowns.

And, you look to winter. I know this is purely anecdotal but I know someone very well who is aware that covid is flying 'round the office workers in a particular hospital. If it is still spreading like this in the warmer months when people spend less time indoors, then what's in store. All it needs is take a bit more care: if you think you could have covid then get a test and don't put other people at risk. 'Pretty simple really.

And, treating it like a cold is absolute bollocks nonsense. Covid is far more deadly than any common cold. You would have to be extremely numb, and lazy, and unable to think, to go along with that. The equivalent would be saying HIV is no worse than crabs. The idiots.

I’ve been a bit of a mess lately. 3x jabbed too and have had almost 3 weeks of being knackered. Even got on the dihydrocodeine last night just to get through a night without a sore throat disturbing me. Can’t be purely covid, and think must have fluked covid to normal cold/flu one after another. Last test was negative. Been a fortnight since positive test.

I’ve been a bit of a mess lately. 3x jabbed too and have had almost 3 weeks of being knackered. Even got on the dihydrocodeine last night just to get through a night without a sore throat disturbing me. Can’t be purely covid, and think must have fluked covid to normal cold/flu one after another. Last test was negative. Been a fortnight since positive test.
Hopefully you will feeling better soon. Do you think the vaccine worked then? And will you be getting an extra one (booster) when the time comes?

I'm aware from someone I know well that guidelines are not necessarily being followed in hospitals. Supposedly mask restrictions have been lifted for all employees unless there are suspected or known outbreaks of covid in a department. There was an outbreak of covid in a department including one person with the classic covid cough who just stayed at work for a couple of days coughing their lungs up. At least one other person in the department then went down with covid, but my source suspects there were more because others were off sick also. This was not on a ward, but these people mix with nurses and doctors in the canteen. No masks were worn during this covid outbreak which was at odds with communication on covid practice.

It's not a surprise. I know someone well who assures me that people are going to work knowing they have covid. It was happening during the period that was termed 'the pandemic' also, but I reckon there will be a lot more of it now.

We could have managed all of this so much better but the large minority, who have no interest in helping to contain the spread, and have been present since March 2020; will ensure that there are more cases and more deaths than there needs to be.
Depending on who they work with there is a point where they are of more benefit treating patients than not though. My missus has just been given a referral appointment for her foot in 9 months. Not life threatening but very painful, she'd see someone tomorrow covid or not, the staffing crisis is just as much a risk to patient welfare imo

anyone who thought covid would magical disappear was / is ill informed at best or an idiot at worst.

we have moved on from the pandemic stage to endemic (IMHO) but this doesn't mean covid is any less of a threat, it just means we have to have a different set of measures in place, what i am finding concerning atm is the government has no measures in place for the mini spikes we will see moving forward.

We have to make sure the nhs is protected this winter and everyone who needs a booster is offered one for free and the information is out there to explain covid is still a very real risk that we live with.

Its a world apart living with a virus to burying our heads in the sand and ignoring the risks, I fear we are moving too far the other way now as it suits the government.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back