UK and US Death rates only countries' to be rising exponentially

I’ve said all along that there are 3 main problems with our reaction to this crisis

The first was the lack of general pandemic planning, even after the NHS failed the government’s own scenarios in 2016, and before people come back and say ‘you can’t plan for a pandemic’ you can or what was the point of running the scenario in the first place?

The second was political dogma which was ,we are Britain and we know better and won’t have the same issues as other countries. I call it the ‘Brexit’ spirit.

The third and I think most crucial was that the government right from the start have been reactive rather than proactive in their actions. We weren’t the first country to be hit by the virus but we wasted at least 3 weeks sticking our head in the sand rather than trying to get ahead of the game learning from the trends and mistakes of other countries.
They took fiddling while Rome burned literally.
I agree totally. They are now scurrying around trying to put things as they should have been in the first place. Too late, and no amount of pleading by their supporters can undo the damage, It's not as if we have never had an epidemic before, the refusal of EU help is also typical, are we really so good?

I agree totally. They are now scurrying around trying to put things as they should have been in the first place. Too late, and no amount of pleading by their supporters can undo the damage, It's not as if we have never had an epidemic before, the refusal of EU help is also typical, are we really so good?
If this teaches us one thing it’s the interconnectedness of the world and no amount of rhetoric or political dogma can change that.
Im as patriotic as the next man but I also understand we are one small part of the bigger world.

Herd immunity is the only way unless a vaccine is imminent. What is the alternative?

The minute I saw the first major leap in NYC figures I thought that was game over.

I don't think the US authorities have the manpower or wherewithal to stop the coming civil unrest and eventual Armageddon.
You have to be pretty stupid if you have got my message by now. First of all herd immunity was a murderous policy from the start, there is no evidence yet that you cannot be infected again it is based on assumption yet the virous is a relative of the common cold. Isolation is tge best way BUT not with London in the state it’s in. London is a place whee people travel from to all parts of the country with obvious consequences, its airports, the seaports and Eurostar are woking unchecked. As an island we could and should have stopped all incoming travel. There would have been infected from those already here but miniscule compared to now and so much easier to do a contact trail. I will not let you let them off the hook.
If this teaches us one thing it’s the interconnectedness of the world and no amount of rhetoric or political dogma can change that.
Im as patriotic as the next man but I also understand we are one small part of the bigger world.
Which is why we should have clamped down immediately, we were warned. It is no coincidence that the big travel centres e.g, London, Birmingham, New York etc., are the most infected because the virus was brought in via those places.

Last edited:
You have to be pretty stupid if you have got my message by now. First of all herd immunity was a murderous policy from the start, there is no evidence yet that you cannot be infected again it is based on assumption yet the virous is a relative of the common cold. Isolation is tge best way BUT not with London in the state it’s in. London is a place whee people travel from to all parts of the country with obvious consequences, its airports, the seaports and Eurostar are woking unchecked. As an island we could and should have stopped all incoming travel. There would have been infected from those already here but miniscule compared to now and so much easier to do a contact trail. I will not let you let them off the hook.

Which is why we should have clamped down immediately, we were warned. It is no coincidence that the big travel centres e.g, London, Birmingham, New York etc., are the most infected because the virus was brought in via those places.
What’s looking like the worst part of what Government has said and done is when they offered the opinion that starting the lockdown measures immediately would be the wrong thing to do because people would be “fed up” with them after a couple of weeks !
The damage was being done at that very time .

The are no cases of recovered people being re-infected so that means that there is at least a short term immunity which hopefully will be enough until we get a vaccine.

Any stories about people being re-infected are being attributed to faulty testing.

I think your message is hysterical, impractical and utterly flawed. I get your message but it is just rubbish.

And we were told that the scientific data which supported the Herd Immunity policy would be published. Like the Russian interference in elections report we are still waiting.

the science at the time suggested that mass gatherings and keeping schools pubs and restaurants open was exactly the right thing to do mate. the science suggested one way of getting the pandemic done was to take it on the chin. wouldn't be surprised if boris abandons science for good after this.

Well that's not true, Sweden havent done much and belarus aren't doing anything but drinking vodka, playing sport and saunas.
Belarus won't last long, they're now starting to rise. Cases have gone from 94 to 440 this last week and they've now had their first 5 deaths in the last 5 days. If they had any sense they'd lock down now before it spirals out of control!

Back