UFO Report due out next month

DPTT

Winger
Anyone think we will finally get a reasonable explanation for all these sightings or just the usual non committal comments we get from the Government.

What do people think on the subject in general?

Heard an interesting theory about this on a podcast and the guy reckons this is a deliberate ploy by ours and the US govts in an effort to sway anyone who is veering into conspiracy theory madness back onside and win back trust that may be waning. Seemed plausible to me.

I think it's a fact now acknowledged by the US and UK governments, and Obama the other day, that there are objects/craft/something else flying about in patterns and trajectories that we both are nowhere near being able to replicate or pinpoint the origin of. We have no idea where they come from, where they are, who or what they are. We cannot contact them, they have not contacted us. For all we know UFOs were here a million years ago.

I think it's a fact now acknowledged by the US and UK governments, and Obama the other day, that there are objects/craft/something else flying about in patterns and trajectories that we both are nowhere near being able to replicate or pinpoint the origin of. We have no idea where they come from, where they are, who or what they are. We cannot contact them, they have not contacted us. For all we know UFOs were here a million years ago.

There’s another theory that these UFO’s are the fruition of black project SAP’s (special access programmes).

🤷‍♂️

Maybe I took too many drugs when I was younger...

...but my starting point is despite how amazing our scientific advances have been over the last 150 odd years we are still essentially clueless about the bigger picture. We have made some incredible discoveries in physics yet are nowhere near understanding what the Big Bang was, what was before the Big Bang, how it could have happened, what consciousness is and how it could develop, what is beyond the observable universe etc. We still have no real comprehension of what is happening at the smallest level of matter or at the biggest level.

So tbh I go into any discussion around UFO’s with a genuine curiosity. They could be genuine aliens, they could be some random unexplained phenomena that current physics doesn’t understand, they could be a glitch in the matrix etc.

What I do think is that it would be helpful to have more humbleness about our understanding of reality & what existence is. There are far too many people who overstate our understanding of the universe. Give it 500 years (if we haven’t wiped ourselves out by then) and I would expect there to be theories which supersede natural selection, general relativity, quantum mechanics etc. Who knows, by then we may be back to believing the universe is just sat on top am ever extending stack of tortoises or whatever.

So yeah, I follow this with interest.
There’s another theory that these UFO’s are the fruition of black project SAP’s (special access programmes).

🤷‍♂️
I doubt it. If the reports of the behaviour are true and not as a result of glitches / human error (which is possible) then it’s incomprehensible they are created by (current) humans.

Last edited:

...but my starting point is despite how amazing our scientific advances have been over the last 150 odd years we are still essentially clueless about the bigger picture. We have made some incredible discoveries in physics yet are nowhere near understanding what the Big Bang was, what was before the Big Bang, how it could have happened, what consciousness is and how it could develop, what is beyond the observable universe etc. We still have no real comprehension of what is happening at the smallest level of matter or at the biggest level.

So tbh I go into any discussion around UFO’s with a genuine curiosity. They could be genuine aliens, they could be some random unexplained phenomena that current physics doesn’t understand, they could be a glitch in the matrix etc.

What I do think is that it would be helpful to have more humbleness about our understanding of reality & what existence is. There are far too many people who overstate our understanding of the universe. Give it 500 years (if we haven’t wiped ourselves out by then) and I would expect there to be theories which supersede natural selection, general relativity, quantum mechanics etc. Who knows, by then we may be back to believing the universe is just sat on top am ever extending stack of tortoises or whatever.

I doubt it. If the reports of the behaviour are true and not as a result of glitches / human error (which is possible) then it’s incomprehensible they are created by (current) humans.

I’d love to see these supposed HD photos and videos of UFO’s the military claim to have but won’t release. These stories are interesting but frustrating to see grainy cockpit images.

Read a few years back that our understanding of Physics and the Universe is around 10%, if that's true then the mind boggles to what is happening and we have no idea about.

Read a few years back that our understanding of Physics and the Universe is around 10%, if that's true then the mind boggles to what is happening and we have no idea about.
We have no idea what our understanding of physics and the universe is. We don’t even have any idea how big the universe is. We have a vague idea of how big the (observable) universe is but beyond that we have no idea what there is and never will. We have no reason not to suppose it goes on forever. In which case our knowledge of the universe is well, nothing.

I mentioned some of the known unknowns in my post but there are the unknown unknowns too. I suspect that we are deeply constrained by our own species / evolution. You can show a dog a whiteboard of algebra and they can stare at it for weeks but will never know what it means. They can never understand the math. There’s no reason not to suppose that there are many things which we just cannot understand because we are constrained by our brains.

We have no idea what our understanding of physics and the universe is. We don’t even have any idea how big the universe is. We have a vague idea of how big the (observable) universe is but beyond that we have no idea what there is and never will. We have no reason not to suppose it goes on forever. In which case our knowledge of the universe is well, nothing.

I mentioned some of the known unknowns in my post but there are the unknown unknowns too. I suspect that we are deeply constrained by our own species / evolution. You can show a dog a whiteboard of algebra and they can stare at it for weeks but will never know what it means. They can never understand the math. There’s no reason not to suppose that there are many things which we just cannot understand because we are constrained by our brains.

Good point's
If the universe is expanding what is it extending into?

Good point's
If the universe is expanding what is it extending into?
I think the physicist’s answer is that it isn’t that the universe is expanding into something per se, but the distances between things within the universe is increasing, so although the universe is getting bigger it isn’t expanding “into” something, as we would usually think of it.

However answers like this make little sense to me. Our brains have evolved to understand things at the human level: eat, have sex, avoid predator. Once it gets to the quantum or the scale of the universe I cease to be able to comprehend what is happening. And the only way I can understand things is via metaphors, but I’m sure those metaphors in no way represent the truth of what is happening, if there is indeed an objective reality.
People went into meltdown when kfc ran out of chicken….can you imagine what would happen If they said ‘yeh, there’s Aliens n shit….’
I think some people would have a total meltdown but for most it would be business as usual. The most that will be said is “there are objects flying around that appear to be from outside our planet / understanding”. That’s a far cry from an actual body, or something tangible which can be studied. It is also a far cry from actual first contact. Clearly if another species landed and announced themselves it would be a big deal. Especially given the consequences would most likely either be 1. A huge increase in our knowledge, happiness and understanding or 2. The extinction of humanity in a matter of weeks.

It’s hard to see why a species would make contact unless they want to help us or kill us.

Last edited:

Back