UFO, Academy tonight... anyone go, if so, how

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date

My army of spacemans are all sitting in the background waiting to be bumped and the spacemans will take over with Darth Moonshot at the helm.

The best show they`ve done for the last few tours. They had a good sound and decent lighting and Mogg`s voice sounded strong and well up in the mix. Great set list based around the Strangers in the Night classics opening with Mother Mary with a few Tonka Chapman era songs (We Belong To The Night, Making Moves) and few from the recent albums Run Boy Run, Venus, Burn Your House Down)and a vintage rarely played song (Cherry). A great way to bring a 50 year career to a close.

Really enjoyed it. As @mickb2112 said above Phil Mogg sounded better than normal, a good mix of songs including the classics. Would have still loved to have seen Schenker with them but hey ho that's just me

The best show they`ve done for the last few tours. They had a good sound and decent lighting and Mogg`s voice sounded strong and well up in the mix. Great set list based around the Strangers in the Night classics opening with Mother Mary with a few Tonka Chapman era songs (We Belong To The Night, Making Moves) and few from the recent albums Run Boy Run, Venus, Burn Your House Down)and a vintage rarely played song (Cherry). A great way to bring a 50 year career to a close.

Really well put,spot on. i've now seen Schenker, Chapman and now Vinnie.
By god that was loud.

Really really good gig that tonight, excellent set list as well & Mogg`s voice is still tremendous, agree bout Schenker but they would never have finished the tour had he agreed to do it :D Must`ve been pretty close to being a sell out as well, was choc-a-block where we were.

That`s the only spoiler for me that Schenker and Way and also Tonka Chapman or Neil Carter didn`t make a cameo appearance.

Not sure Carter is that enamoure with Mogg....but maybe a couple of them might make a guest appearance at a show further south or in London. Carter lives in Brighton i think

Did you get to do an interview Mick ?

And the encore was Doctor Doctor and Lights Out ?

Really really good gig that tonight, excellent set list as well & Mogg`s voice is still tremendous, agree bout Schenker but they would never have finished the tour had he agreed to do it :D Must`ve been pretty close to being a sell out as well, was choc-a-block where we were.
Gutted missed it:(

Not sure Carter is that enamoure with Mogg....but maybe a couple of them might make a guest appearance at a show further south or in London. Carter lives in Brighton i think

Did you get to do an interview Mick ?

Not this time I`m afraid. I did put in for Phil Mogg a couple of months ago but was told he wasn`t doing any interviews at all which is a shame as he`s been the one constant member since the start. I also asked for Andy Parker or Paul Raymond on the day of the show but they weren`t arriving until an hour before going on stage so no time. I have interviewed Schenker, Way, Raymond and Parker in the past and all were really enjoyable. Paul Raymond was particularly nice to chat too and Pete Way was great fun. Phil Mogg was the only one I needed to complete my Strangers In The Night Interview Bingo:lol::lol::lol:

Not this time I`m afraid. I did put in for Phil Mogg a couple of months ago but was told he wasn`t doing any interviews at all which is a shame as he`s been the one constant member since the start. I also asked for Andy Parker or Paul Raymond on the day of the show but they weren`t arriving until an hour before going on stage so no time. I have interviewed Schenker, Way, Raymond and Parker in the past and all were really enjoyable. Paul Raymond was particularly nice to chat too and Pete Way was great fun. Phil Mogg was the only one I needed to complete my Strangers In The Night Interview Bingo:lol::lol::lol:

Am I being cruel if I think that Vinnie Moore although very talented really showed how good a guitarist Schenker is. I thought this in Rock Bottom in particular although I fully enjoyed the concert and they were as good as they have been for ages last night

No
Am I being cruel if I think that Vinnie Moore although very talented really showed how good a guitarist Schenker is. I thought this in Rock Bottom in particular although I fully enjoyed the concert and they were as good as they have been for ages last night
Ni, I know exactly what you mean. I think of Vinnie Moore like Steve Morse in Deep Purple. Both are supremely talented guitarists and a great fit for the bands. They don`t try to copy Schenker and Blackmore but they just don`t have that magical ingredient that both guitarists have. Like you said though, they were great last night and I`m so pleased they went out on a high as the last time I saw them in Middlesbrough, they were very lack lustre.

No

Ni, I know exactly what you mean. I think of Vinnie Moore like Steve Morse in Deep Purple. Both are supremely talented guitarists and a great fit for the bands. They don`t try to copy Schenker and Blackmore but they just don`t have that magical ingredient that both guitarists have. Like you said though, they were great last night and I`m so pleased they went out on a high as the last time I saw them in Middlesbrough, they were very lack lustre.
When I saw their ‘farewell’ tour in 1983 at NCH, they were a bit of a mess. Mogg didn’t know all the words and his mike didn’t work all the time. I’ve seen them a fair few times over the last decade and they have been spot on.

Fully agree with you about Vinnie, very good, but not MS.

Back