UFC/MMA Thread - 2020

Giving Diaz an outside chance if he makes it to Championship rounds personally (it's a 5 round scrap)

If he gets stopped because of all the skin tissue damage like what happened against Masdival he needs wrapping up and put in a sarcophagus.
I’m hoping for a josh Thompson style headlock ko.

I'm not a fan of Vetorri but I hope he flattens Adsenyar.
Adsenyars patter is absolutely lifting

He’s a class fighter like, but aye I’m sick of his patter now. I cringe at some of the stuff he comes out with. But I don’t fancy Vettori as Champion either. I hope Whittaker gets the winner and reclaims the belt.

Vettori is the most dislikeable person I've seen on the roster like.

Was watching the presser and the fake smug arsehole act had me wincing at the cringe levels he was developing before our own eyes, like beyond Rockhold levels

Anyone fancy Vettori to use Jan’s blueprint to win tonight?

It's a possibility. He's a sniff the jock decision win fighter.

He needs putting to sleep after his antics though, bigging himself up like he's the best with his 2 stoppages in 5 years.. Perhaps the most undeserving title challenge ever.

Last edited:
It's a possibility. He's a sniff the jock decision win fighter.

He needs putting to sleep after his antics though, bigging himself up like he's the best with his 2 stoppages in 5 years.. Perhaps the most undeserving title challenge ever.

:lol:

What’s he done like? I think he deserves the shot considering how the division has panned out, the fact he has a decent 5 fight winning streak and that the Aussie wasn’t available to fight in June.

Weird ending to that fight. 7 second KO followed by the winner blowing his knee out. Strange day in sport this.
Anyone fancy Vettori to use Jan’s blueprint to win tonight?
I don't think he is big enough to pull that off. The blueprint to beat Adesanya has always been there but his takedown defence is solid. Jan probably had a two stone weight advantage on the night.

Last edited:
Weird ending to that fight. 7 second KO followed by the winner blowing his knee out. Strange day in sport this.

I don't think he is big enough to pull that off. The blueprint to beat Adesanya has always been there but his takedown defence is solid. Jan probably had a two stone weight advantage on the night.

Fair assessment. Wouldn’t mind us getting another European champion to go next to Jan though, at one point we had Bisping, McGregor and Jedrzejczyk at the same time.

What’s he done like? I think he deserves the shot considering how the division has panned out, the fact he has a decent 5 fight winning streak and that the Aussie wasn’t available to fight in June.
He fully deserves his shot. All the other contenders other then Whittaker have lost recently. Till, Gastelum, cannonier, Hermansonn, Costa. The only one on a good streak is Brunson who is on a 4 fight streak but his last loss was Adesanya.
Fair assessment. Wouldn’t mind us getting another European champion to go next to Jan though, at one point we had Bisping, McGregor and Jedrzejczyk at the same time.
Yeah. Rocky is probably the closest British chance we have but Usman is a beast. Not many Europeans close to a title shot.

Last edited:
He fully deserves his shot. All the other contenders other then Whittaker have lost recently. Till, Gastelum, cannonier, Hermansonn, Costa. The only one on a good streak is Brunson who is on a 4 fight streak but his last loss was Adesanya.

Yeah. Rocky is probably the closest British chance we have but Usman is a beast. Not many Europeans close to a title shot.

Arnold Allen deserves a mention but doesn’t seem to have gained enough name recognition, think he’s on a 7 or 8 fight streak aswell, something mad like that.

Had the option of hanging about for Till to recover from his injury, the same way Till waited for him when he got COVID, just pure shithousery behaviour. A title shot out the blue.

Meanwhile Brunson could get a fight from anyone from the division but chose to wait until Till's recovered.

Chase Hopper is fun to watch but so raw, I can see why pundits want him loaned out to a lesser promotion, he's gonna have ne chin left by the time he's matured.

Had the option of hanging about for Till to recover from his injury, the same way Till waited for him when he got COVID, just pure shithousery behaviour. A title shot out the blue.

Meanwhile Brunson could get a fight from anyone from the division but chose to wait until Till's recovered.

Chase Hopper is fun to watch but so raw, I can see why pundits want him loaned out to a lesser promotion, he's gonna have ne chin left by the time he's matured.

Hard to blame him for taking the title shot in my eyes.

Arnold Allen deserves a mention but doesn’t seem to have gained enough name recognition, think he’s on a 7 or 8 fight streak aswell, something mad like that.
Aye. Allen is class. Needs a big name fight to push him up the rankings. 7 and 0 in his UFC career though which is impressive no matter who the opponents are. I first saw him at M4TC at Rainton which was his last fight before he got signed to the UFC.

Hooper definitely needs to round his skills out at a lower level. I like the lad but he's going to be fucked by the time he is 25 if he keeps fighting at this level.
Me too, against Cooky, do you know Dale?
Just to say Hello to. He lived in my street at Havelock Park for a while. Is he planning on putting more events on when things are back to normal or is he out of it now?

Last edited:
Hooper definitely needs to round his skills out at a lower level. I like the lad but he's going to be fucked by the time he is 25 if he keeps fighting at this level.

Just to say Hello to. He lived in my street at Havelock Park for a while. Is he planning on putting more events on when things are back to normal or is he out of it now?

I live away now so haven’t been in touch for a few year. Doesn’t look good for them though.

Back