UFC/MMA Thread - 2020

Any reason given? I was surprised to see her on the card given what is going on. She is a beast but she is a troubled girl

Aye, I thought the same. Very surprised she was still on the card, so not too surprised she’s pulled out now. No reason given yet, just said unforeseen circumstances in one of the reports. I suppose we’ll fight out soon. If it’s over Coronavirus, it’s hard to blame any fight really regarding safety.

Cruz gets the CCC fight after Aldo pulls out. I'll let this go because of the wired times were in but surely he wouldn't of got this ahead of Sterling or Yan under normal circumstances?

Cruz gets the CCC fight after Aldo pulls out. I'll let this go because of the wired times were in but surely he wouldn't of got this ahead of Sterling or Yan under normal circumstances?

Title fight after 3 and a half years out. Be interesting to see if he has anything left. If he wins we will be waiting ages for him to defend because he is bound to get injured. I wonder if Yan or Sterling were asked first.

Title fight after 3 and a half years out. Be interesting to see if he has anything left. If he wins we will be waiting ages for him to defend because he is bound to get injured. I wonder if Yan or Sterling were asked first.
It really wouldn't shock me if he wins but you just know he won't defend it.

12-18 months later we'll have an interim fight for the belt or he'll be stripped

It really wouldn't shock me if he wins but you just know he won't defend it.

12-18 months later we'll have an interim fight for the belt or he'll be stripped

Yep. He is such a good fighter but has had bad injuries since I started watching him in WEC.

I'm. Going to watch Cruz Vs Garbrandt again today. Unbelievable how good Garbrandt was in that fight and how wrong it has gone since.

Last edited:
Can't imagine Yan being in the country and the way Ray Longo was talking on the Anik and Florian podcast, he doesn't expect to see many fighters from New York doing much due to the pandemic there. Cruz might be the only option. IF he doesn't get injured frantically getting up to match fitness on short notice. Reckon if he is fit, he might just beat him. Good movement and a very good wrestler.

Very disappointed with this was really looking forward to the card, obviously irrelevant with what's going in the world today but having a bit sport and normality would've been nice

Very disappointed with this was really looking forward to the card, obviously irrelevant with what's going in the world today but having a bit sport and normality would've been nice

The top boys from Disney/ESPN made him stand down apparently.I was surprised it was going ahead in the first place, but I was looking forward to it as it was Sport to watch. It’s the correct decision in reality.

The top boys from Disney/ESPN made him stand down apparently.I was surprised it was going ahead in the first place, but I was looking forward to it as it was Sport to watch. It’s the correct decision in reality.

They should have stopped it sooner. He made it clear enough he was still trying to put it on so they should have saved him the bother weeks ago.

Back